'04 Super Cab w/ Under 20k - Front Brakes Squealing Badly

I bought this truck new and I have about 19.4k miles on it. A few weeks ago the front brakes have started squealing badly. I looked at the rotors this morning and they look like they are getting very scored.

I was thinking just a quick tear down, cleaning, heat grease application on the pads would do the trick, but now looking at the rotors I doubt that is the case. The rotors look like they must be turned to fix the noise issue.

Does the 3yr MFG warranty apply in this case? For under 20k I think I will have a hard time eating the cost, and I know what the Ford dealers

charge for rotors, etc. I know I have to call them but just wondering if I had any rights in this case.

I also have TSB 05-21-19, Front brake roughness - shudder while breaking. I wonder if I have the old style rotors and if they are contributing to the problem. The new style has 47 fins.

Thanks, msleeper

Reply to
sleepdog