1990 F-250 5.8L fuel line Q

1990 F-250 Super Duty 5.8L 5spd 2 wd

fuel line question, i broke off the small piece attached to the gas tank because the clip was jammed and i yanked it, my fuel line appears to be all one piece, meaning from front to back there are two Y connections going back to both tanks all one piece( 2 seperate one piece lines both with Y's) i am thinking these are the original lines from Ford.

Q:anyways my question is, can i attach another fixed piece line of same to that plastic tubing and just make a connection with some sort of heat shrinking tube? it appears this is how it was done. Q: also can they just be fitted and butted up against each ends and hosed over then clamped nice and tight?

i would rather heat shrink the new fittings together and save as much of the original lines if that is possible, would be easier. on top of this i learned that the line had to be plugged because of reverse flow from my rear tank. i finally magyverred up a patch to take me home. i am doing both front and rear tanks so i will have all the lines exposed. i will be sure not to break the other hose. sometimes the caveman in me gets the upper hand.

Reply to
matt

These are Pressure Lines. I really don't think a home remedy is going to work here. You will have to buy an entire replacement assembly at a wrecking yard... Perhaps a hydraulic shop that is used to high pressure line work might be of some assistance?

Reply to
351CJ