Deal or not?

OK - New here. I hope these types of posts are not frowned upon. If so, I'm sorry in advance.

OK - I may soon be the proud new owner of an F-150.

Carfax, KBB check out OK. Drives nice. Here are the details...

2002 F-150 FX4 4WD Supercab 50K miles Red No sense in listing options, ya'll probably have a good idea since its probably all stock for his trim level. Bedliner, step rails, power this and that

It has a small dent in rear fender that will be fixed by dealer. Asking $16,900. I would be paying 16,900 less my Ford Contour which he is offering $1,700 (Not really worth that but thats the games dealers play[1995 Contour GL 5 speed, 112K miles on its last legs POS]).

Is this a good deal for a clean truck?

Red, hmmm, not too sure about red. I never had a red anything before. Comments on color?

Is there anything particular about this year/model I should be aware of or check out before doing the deal?

Thanks

Reply to
No

"No" wrote: > OK - New here. I hope these types of posts are not frowned > upon. If so, I'm > sorry in advance. > > OK - I may soon be the proud new owner of an F-150. > > Carfax, KBB check out OK. Drives nice. > Here are the details... > 2002 F-150 FX4 4WD Supercab 50K miles > Red > No sense in listing options, ya'll probably have a good idea > since its > probably all stock for his trim level. > Bedliner, step rails, power this and that > > It has a small dent in rear fender that will be fixed by > dealer. > Asking $16,900. I would be paying 16,900 less my Ford Contour > which he is > offering $1,700 (Not really worth that but thats the games > dealers play[1995 > Contour GL 5 speed, 112K miles on its last legs POS]). > > Is this a good deal for a clean truck? > > Red, hmmm, not too sure about red. I never had a red anything > before. > Comments on color? > > Is there anything particular about this year/model I should be > aware of or > check out before doing the deal? > > Thanks

Give the exceptional deals that are out there on new trucks if you shop for them (I have seen new 4x4 1/2ton club cabs for under 23,000 after rebate. Why would you want to pay 17 grand for a 4 year old truck with no warranty when for 6 or 7 grand more you can get a new one with a warranty too? Given todays market, I would say that the 02 should go for about 14k or so tops because I doubt if dealer has much over 10 or 11K in it now. You hold the cards here, not the dealer as it can sit in his driveway or yours. I have little doubt that if you start talking about buying a new one from someone else that they will come down a lot more on price. It would be bad news to pay 17k for a truck and have the tranny or something go out 6 months later and have to pay to fix that too.

Reply to
SnoMan