1995 Cavalier

Hi,
I have a 1995 cavalier, the other day and today while driving and comming up to a stop my brakes let out. No brakes at all, so i hit the park brake. The fluid is full and the pad and rotors are in good
shape after pulling the tires off the front and inspecting. What might have caused this? I am taking the car in tomorrow, as I can't drive it like this. The car has 179000km (111000 miles) on it. The rotors have 50,000km on them and are not worn.
"Dan" wrote:
1995 Cavalier Brakes quit when driving - no brakes at all. Used parking brake to stop. No fluid leaks. Good pads and rotors.
What might have caused this? ______________________________________
If the vacuum booster failed, brakes would still work using very hard pedal pressure.
With no fluid loss, the only thing left is a failed seal inside the master cylinder.
Looks like the master clyinder. Also i need a new lower right ball joint, muffler hanger, front pads, front brakes hoses and the front right wheel bearing does not feel great. There are no leaks in/on the brake system so i'm sure it's the master clyinder. The brake hoses are cracked but not broken/leaking.
Maybe time to trade in on a new Toyota. ;)
(Dan) wrote in message news:

UGH.