!!!! HELP !!!! Radio Code for PONTIAC Transport 98-01

Can anyone help me with a radio code. I had some work done on the vehicle and now the radio won't work without a code. It is a second had vehicle and no one seems to know what the code is. If there is a master code out there or a way to get around it without buying another radio. Your help will be appreciated.

Reply to
STEEL

Contact your local GM dealership they can get your code for you in minutes "if" it's your car..... :-)

Reply to
Full_Name

Most Dealers charge un ridiculous fee for unlocking a radio, it takes them exactly 25 secs to do the job.

This say, just give me the 4 to 6 scrambled lock code from the radio, ill give you the unlock code.

Unless your dealer is willing doing it for free, of course.

And hey, I think that those locking code on stock radios is useless, nobody steal those crappy radio anyway.

Take care!

Reply to
Fastload

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:52:58 -0400, "Fastload" wrote: They want to charge me $125 for them to unlock that radio. So if you r willing to give me the code I would really appreciate it. $125 is ridiculous. I can put a new radio in for that.

Reply to
STEEL

Holy Crap $125???? The local GM dealer charged my friend $30 last time she needed it. I have no idea why they're charging you so much. Try a wrecker in your area or perhaps someone else in the group has a suggestion.....?

Reply to
Full_Name

Like I said, I need the 4 or 6 digit unlock code from the radio before I can do anything, you get it by pushing some buttons simultenaously while radio off, sometin' like that.

Reply to
Fastload

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:19:43 -0400, "Fastload" wrote: Thanks for your help found a dealer that would do it for free.

Reply to
STEEL

Great to hear, congratulations. Isn't it crazy, the fluctuations between dealerships? I can only imagine the circus you went through to find that one.

Reply to
Full_Name