1999 Chevy Venture: how to remove the 2 rows of back seats

Threaded View

I am wondering if anyone know how to remove the 2 rows of back seats
on the chevy venture 1999?  I was holding a ratcheting wrench and
staring at it just now but can't seem to see any bolts to unbolt the
things?  I need them off the back of the van so I can throw in a
mattress and some fishing rods and a tackle box, gotta prepare for
spring.  Thx  :)

Re: 1999 Chevy Venture: how to remove the 2 rows of back seats

You should be able to pull a release in the back of the seat and tilt them
forward and pull them out. No tools needed!

-

Re: 1999 Chevy Venture: how to remove the 2 rows of back seats

    ...sound like a good fly fisherman...  s

Re: 1999 Chevy Venture: how to remove the 2 rows of back seats

No tools are needed.  There are release levers and the seats tilt
forward, then you pick them up.  The rear most set is HEAVY.

Re: 1999 Chevy Venture: how to remove the 2 rows of back seats

Did your new van come with an owners manual?  cause it tells you real
simple how to remove the seats.

Your the guy we'll see this spring broken down on the side of the road
wont we?  I suggest you find the owners manual, read front to back and
maybe even take a basic automotive course before you get
adventurous.

Make sure before you fish you goto the MNR website and read what you
can and cant do, whre you can fish and were you cant.

Snow...

Re: 1999 Chevy Venture: how to remove the 2 rows of back seats

Nope, I didn't get an owners manual with the car.  I will have to get
one on the used market or something.  But I already have figured out
how to use most of the functions.  Oh yeah I already removed the seats
following the instructions given here by the previous posters (thx to
ya all).  I like the van so far, some minor windows problems but I can
live with them for now.  You are right I will try to get the van into
tip-top shape and know it well before hitting the boonies with the
fishing rods and camping gears.

Site Timeline