Auto Insurance.

What does the average Auto Insurance policy cover for drivers..?
and what are the different types of Auto Insurance policies available to car owners...

Call your insurance agent, they will know what they have more than we do.

Wow, talk about USELESS advice........
To answer the OP. There are 3 kinds of insurance. 1. Expensive 2. More Expensive 3. Most Expensive
You pay accordingly
If you have an accident, there are three kinds of coverage that they give you. 1. They screw you and only cover part of the damages 2. They find some excuse not to cover the damages at all 3. They cancel your policy
That pretty much covers it.
All you got to do now, is find which company will only take HALF your weekly paycheck.
Oh yeah, and you spoke words of wisdom! Daahhh
nospam

Based on my experience with Insurance companies, I spoke the EXACT truth. They are in business to MAKE MONEY, not to help people. If you want help, go to a charity.

800 hundred percent profit last year, and climbing... wow. when will they stop gouging the car owners...
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 02:38:41 -0500, roadrage@_______.com wrote:

When the world has no more lawyers..

And insurance salesmen, they're just as crooked as lawyers, if not worse.

Don't forget computer salesmen..

Tell me. What is a fair return for a company to make?
The 2.6 billion is on all lines of insurance inclduing disability but excluding life and health.
Do you believe that the Home owners in Quebec, where the industry is profitable should subsidize drivers in Ontario where it is not.
In 2002 the Insurance industry's return on investment was 2% or about what you'd get from an ING savings account. Do you belive any industry is sustainable at those levels?
regards
Ian Graeme
PS- Compare this industry's profit to the quarterly income of RBC, TD, BMO or Scotiabank

Insurance is a scam, period. It ends up driving up the cost of everything for everyone. Most of the time, you pay WAYYYY too much for NOTHING AT ALL.
Last year I paid a whole shitload of insurance and you know what *I* got ?? A LARGER BILL THIS YEAR AS A SIGN OF APPRECIATION!
I sure hope they *CAN'T* sustain themselves much longer.

Dear Cecilia Dude:
Please try and answer the question? Until, you can quantify your agrument, you can' be taken seriously. By the way, the principal of insurance is that the premiums of the many pay for the losses of the few. If those losses increase, so does everyone's premium, with bad drivers suffering worse than good drivers.
It sounds like you're getting unable to meet the costs required to operate a vehicle, not just the cost of insurance. Welcome to the world ruled by the automobile.
Personally, I take taxis and the bus and subway
Ian Graeme.

i can't be taken seriously... okay.. sure that sounds good...
where I live, public transportation does not make sense. The only public transportation that *did* make sense in this area (a trolley system), the bonehead city orificials decided it was no good and ripped it out. Buses are a joke. Most of them, you see with 2 or less passengers at any given time of the day. Personally, I like to get where I'm going in less than 2 hours (especially when it's less than 10 miles away). The buses are subsidized and we give half the passengers free bus passes! WTF ?
My insurance company sends me at least one piece of junk mail every month. Sometimes more. They could save a lot of money right there and take it off my premium.
I read Insurance companies made 800 percent profit last year...wow and we still get the shaft.

Where did you read that?

snip

What is a reasonable profit on something as risky as insuring other people and their property? I've met very few truely "crooked" insurance agents in my life and I've met many that cared about their clients and went to extremes to ensure that things were done correctly. If you want to save money on auto insurance, try driving sensibly by avoiding tickets (this is done by obeying the law) and avoiding at-fault accidents (this is done by driving defensively). Try to remember that when you're driving, you only have one job - to operate the vehicle safely.
BTW if you want to know what a good driving record gets you, it is lower rates and a good insurance company (a bad record gets you the opposite result). Rich B
How much does the top executives make... like 5 million per year..plus perks, and no Insurance premiums...
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:15:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Rich B) wrote:

I don't believe that company officers deserve some of the salaries and perks they get (any more than pro athletes deserve the pay they get) but if you want to change it, just buy one share of company stock and offer changes to the other stockholders. Chances are that nothing will happen but, you never know... Rich B