GMC Service Rede Contro Light

I recently too the initiative to change my rear shocks on my 2000 YoukonXL C2500 that came equipped with ride control feature. These have a cable that plugs into the original shock.
I replaced them with Bilstein OEM replacements & they ride great. I only have one problem, the Service Ride Control light on my dashboard display does not turn off. Well I asked the dealer but they are not much help. Does anyone know what I can do, without placing black electrical tape over my displays.