Help! No brake lights

Hi folks, I hope someone can help me noodle this out. I have 1996 Buick Regal 3.8 (I love this car!). After one of my co-workers nearly tail-ended me today, I was informed that I had no brake lights, though the high-mount
(rear window light) is still working. I verified that the brake lights were indeed not working. The park lights work, the turn signals work but the brake lights do not. Obviously, the brake switch is ok as the high-mount works. The brake lights and the high mount are on the same fuse (I think)... so not a fuse problem. I pulled apart the lights and did find some corrosion on the little prongy things (forgive me, I'm not any kind of expert on this) so I replaced the bulbs but this did not resolve the problem. I also noticed some corrosion in the socket. Could this be the problem? Wouldn't that cause problems with the turn signals too? Thanks in advance for any ideas. I'm really scared to drive until I can get this fixed. Liz
It's probably a bad turn signal switch. The 3rd brake light does not run through the switch but the regular brake lights do. I would have someone stand behind the car while you hold the brake pedal down. Then move the turn signal lever up and down slightly and see if they come on.