How much to pay for a 2005 Chevy Malibu

Hi,
I'm trying to scrounge up a new 2005 Chevy Malibu base model to buy. I'm buying it late in the model year because I want to save money.
What should I be paying for it? Or how much off of the MSRP can I
expect?
JJ Jones wrote:

Remember, you are buying a car that is a year old with zero miles on it. That's the way to look at it. And in some cases it might have been on the lot a long time. Where I live the over -flow lot is not even paved so lots of moisture comes up under the vehicles. During the year such deals were going on that only the fools paid MSRP or close. Customers were getting 10-12% off with rebates or more. So I'd start with 20% off and not be real excited at that figure. Don't worry about the dealer starving. He's getting a big rebate from GM to clear out those old cars. He doesn't want to share it with you though.

Two other ways to look at it is: 1) You can continue to do this and pay about 20% off list on every car. 2) If you keep it for 10 or so years the immediate 1 yr depreciation isn't a factor.
I've bought all our cars late in the year, or a one yr old off lease for many years.