I had a nightmare: I was in a Toyota out of control!

It was very real. I was running in the little car without control, and people were running all over the place, and the police was chasing me, and then I was falling off a cliff...

Do you believe that has any meaning? I hope there's no Toyota in my future. ;)

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Never ignore dreams if you want to lay awake"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Nothing to worry about, all choir boys have those kinds of dreams. Say a few hail Marys and go mow the yard. You will still have the dreams but the yard will look better.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

And your point is???

Crossposting shamelessly left intact...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Never drive a Toyota --even in dreams!

But why the dreams must have a meaning?

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I will have a walk, looking both ways to see no Toyota with stupid driver on the phone is coming.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Look, troll. If you don't like Toyotas, how about you just keep it to yourself?

I don't post all over the US Car groups with what pieces of crap I think American cars are.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Listen, Harochuchu, not even when I bought a little Chevette I felt so cheated as when I bought that Mickey Mouse "Hawk Edition" Toyota Tercel. First of all, GM didn't try to pass their car as a sporty edition, and second of all, you know American manufacturers don't do good doing little cars.

So Toyota is loser. And then the falling off the cliff was the relief from the boredom of driving a little automatic Toyota.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Oh. Another one that bought a Tercel thinking it was a sports car. Or are you the same nincompoop?

Did you TEST DRIVE the car? What did you expect a 1.5 liter "F" series engine to be? A Ferrari eater?

God, a little research on your part could have told you the "Hawk Edition" was a trim package. And, American cars have never offered a 'trim package' like that before? WRONG.

If you wanted performance, why were you buying an econobox? The Tercel was a great little car, if you were looking for fuel economy. Maybe you should have been looking for a good second-hand Hachiroku (Corolla GTS, NOT an SR5). Then you would have gotten a 1.6 liter "G" series engine that could eat a lot of 2 liters and even some 2.4 liter engines for lunch.

So Toyota is a bad company because you're an idiot? OK.

All that said, the Hawk editions were great handling little cars. I put a set of Ford alloys from an Escort on mine, and fitted it with 185/60-14's and the car would take corners almost as fast as you could push it. Sounds like not only do you not know jack about cars, but that you can't drive either.

Good thing you didn't get a Paseo thinking you could outrun McClarens...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Mr. Hichikuru, the Hawk wasn't even a Dove, it was a car where any monkey could be killed if he wasn't well prepared. It lacked anti-roll bars, and if you drove that car and spent some more money into it, you are a worse driver than those I see around tightly grabbing the wheel with two hands slowing down the rest of us.

The Chevette on the other hand was slow but balanced. It made more sense you put a rocket on it. ;)

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

"TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"

Never drive a Toyota --even in dreams!

But why the dreams must have a meaning?

**** They dont. You will probably be better off with wet dreams. That will be something that even you can handle.
Reply to
hls

A wet dream could easily turn into a wet nightmare in a Toyota, particularly when braking. When the road is slippery I prefer to "feel" the road.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

A wet dream could easily turn into a wet nightmare in a Toyota, particularly when braking. When the road is slippery I prefer to "feel" the road.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Bullshit. I had one, and not even the "Hawk" model with the wider tires. You were clearly driving the car in a manner it was not designed for. Like I said, all I did was put wider, low profile tires on mine and had no problem pushing it...to it's limits. Of course, *I* knew the Tercel was an econobox: it always has been through it's history from the early 80's. Buying one thinkiing you could street race with it was YOUR fault, not Toyota's. They designed the car a certain way; I guess they should have thought there were cretins out there that would try to make it something it wasn't.

It was a wonderful little car, and I'm looking for another one to use it was it was meant for: basic, solid transportation. Not street racing. If you're taken in by a trim package, I hate to think what you're married to.

"Ah, my favorite! Chilled monkey brains!"

Reply to
Hachiroku

See, another consumer bush meat. You probably like rhino's horn served as infusion for those mythical powers...

Anyway, a car that looks a BMW 320 series, better show some respect. Unless Toyota doesn't respect itself or their "loyal" but foolish followers.

I may need that infusion too to get turned on by a little Toyota again. ;)

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I'm doing a profile of people who like Toyotas:

a) Conservative-selfish people who don't care about the other drivers or anyone else

b) They threaten the natural environment with unnecessary driving

c) They engage in illegal trade and consume bush meat

d) They say American cars are a piece of junk, putting down the American unions

e) They deny all of the above

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Conservative doesnt mean selfish. We have worked hard for our money and our possessions, and try to take care of them, try to make them last.

I personally believe that the environment has been damaged by a species run wild. We are that species.

I do not engage in illegal trade or bush meat.

Some American cars have been, for some decades, pieces of junk. No arguing about that.

Reply to
hls

Explain the liberals in this group. It runs about 50/50.

And, I was driving Toyotas when I was a Liberal. I have always had Toyotas. My first car was a Toyota. A 1200cc Corolla. Bright yellow. Brand new. But even at 16, I knew I wasn't going to be taking corners on two wheels with it.

OMFG.

What would an American car cost if the unions didn't have the companies by the balls. I have been in unions. they are even more useless than you are.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Dude, you had a good little car. To berate Toyota or Toyota owners because it didn't live up to what you expected is ludicrous.

They (aftermarket) even made a body kit to make it look even more like a

320. Think how pissed you would have been then.

You really needed to get into a Corolla Sport or a Celica. Maybe even a Scion tC. Mitsubishi Eclipse. Honda Civic Si. Don't berate the car.

Reply to
Hachiroku

What is ludicrous is how Toyota dismissed me after the fact --I wrote to HQ Japan-- the way you dismiss a monkey. But now I know --through experiences like that-- never to trust the li-on (liar) and that MAKING NOISE is the ultimate weapon in the jungle. Of course, THROWING SHIT is another powerful weapon.

And I'm just testing my weapons on Toyota. Here is the story that started the revolution...

THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE Once upon a time, in the deep jungle, lived a Lion and a Monkey... One day the Monkey, tired of the Lion always taking the LION'S SHARE, and seeing that such injustice represented a danger to all, demanded JUSTICE... The Lion, yawning and stretching, said, "You would have to have paws and sharp teeth..." Then the Monkey, who was very clever, devised a plan: He would go to the costume store, and look like a lion...

When the HUNGRY LION saw him, noticing that the new lion wasn't a match for him, and fearing COMPETITION, killed him on the spot -- before the indifferent look of the little animals of the jungle... And that's how the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time... (NOTE: Other monkeys survived him...)