If you don't like Fram oil filter construction, wait until you see Champion Lab's new Ecore design

These are being sold as the SuperTech brand at WalMart and perhaps under other names elsewhere.
This fellow took one apart and posted pictures:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t 2232#000008
John
So what's the best filter for a 5.3l truck? AC Delco?

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t 2232#000008

Or a Wix
who makes Carquest filters??

Wix was the supplier a year or so ago.
Or a Purolator. I prefer Purolator PureOne filters.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor

No, AC-Delco filters are being farmed out for mfg. to many suppliers, including Champion Labs.
Right now personally the only US filters I would buy are Purolator, Wix, Baldwin, Fleetguard or Motorcraft. Wix filters are also sold as the NAPA Gold and whatever Carquest's premium filter name is.
YMMV, John