New Impala's Everywhere!

Page 1 of 2
Looks like GM might have a winner with the redesigned Impala. I've seen quite a few of them on the road lately

Yes sir, the Accord looking Impala LT is doing well in the Chicago suburbs. I haven't seen many SS's or the new Monte Carlo around though.
Harry Face said the following on 2/2/2006 7:38 PM:

A good sign perhaps!
jcr wrote:

Not really. I think a couple of the US OEMs have had record sales and still too low profits to support their organization.
--
Thank you,

jcr wrote:

I've seen 4 in the last two weeks. Today I saw one of those Buicks named after a carton of cottage cheese.
jcr wrote:

Are you sure they aren't mostly rental cars?
John Horner wrote the following on 2/3/2006 3:16 AM:

I haven't noticed any rental stickers on them. But I suppose it's possible.
jcr wrote:

Many rental companies have toned down or eliminate their markings on cars ever since certain bandits started targeting tourists in rental cars.
John
jcr wrote:

They don't mark their vehicles in an obvious manner. Kind of hard to see when rolling along, but most rental agencies take the valve stem caps off.
Message from Paul written on 2/3/2006 8:54 PM:

Doesn't that cause the stem valves to corrode from the road chemicals and such to where they eventually leak?
jcr wrote:

Not enough to matter to them in the 3 ~ 9 months rental companies hold on to their vehicles!
Message from John Horner written on 2/4/2006 3:41 AM:

Good advice then... If one is buying a vehicle from a rental agency, insist that they replace all of the valve stems with new ones before you sign the paperwork!

Not wise to buy a rental car. Leased cars are OK.

That's a voice crying out in the wilderness.

Far less likely to have been cared for at all.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I've determined that Budget doesn't change the oil until the car goes off rental for sale.

Why would they do that?
Because the "genius's" that check air and oil and wash cars for the rental Co. are too lazy to put valve caps back on. Just like the mutant's at Jerky Lube who one twist the cap back on, I have to take a Co. vehicle to them.

Paul wrote:

I don't know why. I rent a vehicle about once per month on business somewhere in the US from what ever agency gives me the best deal at the time. My last one was a Trail Blazer two weeks ago from Budget. It was ok. I could hang my arm out the window though. Put 1000 miles on in 6 days. Never went over 105 mph. Anyhow, every time I rent a vehicle I ask why the caps are off. I've been direct, subtle, etc. They usually say they don't know either. Sometimes I just get a blank stare. My suspicion is that it alerts the police that the vehicle is a rental.
If that is the case it kind of totally negates the point of removing rental markings from the vehicle. If it's a sign for the cops, it's a sign for the robbers too.
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 04:40:45 GMT, " Paul " <" Paul