Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Page 11 of 12
Knotty wrote:

It is a freaking shame that someone didn't push the button on plastic plenums, then. Or shitteaux gaskets.. Or crappola transmissions... Or substandard body integrity...
Having a quality meeting doesnt mean anything. Producing quality, a foreign concept to GM and Ford, does.
You forgot to say in my opinion, since both GM and Ford sell millions more of their vehicles annually in the US than any foreign manufacture. You are entitled to your opinion, but obviously your opinion is that of a minority.
mike hunt

No, apparently it isn't a minority. The complaints are massive.
Nobody gives a shit how many vehicles GM and Ford sell, Mike. Americans even bought the Yugo.
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

You are lying again, "Mike". Check out Consumer reports, and see where all the black dots are. LOL!
Dear Mike, I do not know what dream world you live but let me share some real world experience with you. In my life I have owned, Mustang, F150, Taurus, Contour, Impala, Silverado, 280ZX, 240SX, Caprice, and now a Sebring. can say without a doubt that not only are the foreign made cars better quality but they hold their value....
Look at what has happened to Mercedes since the merger... gone to hell... same thing with Volvo and Ford.
Current car 2002 Sebring Convertible LXi is a total piece of shit.... within 3 years it has developed some serious issues including the AC/Heat blower motor refusing to operate no matter the mechanics do. If it were not a lease it would have been back in the dealers show room, whether or not he opened the doors!!!! Oh and by the why if Chrysler thinks they make such good vehicle why do they not stand behind them. The rotors warped on the Sebring in less than 15,000 miles, dealer said tough luck.... Even Ford warranties their stuff better..not much.
So come down off your "American made" high horse, its just not true... I am a red blooded American too....but I can see the truth....
Look at the consumer reports reliability ratings,,,, hell even look at the the predicted reliabilty ratings..... I think there might be one American made car on the list....
My next car will either be a Lexus or Toyota of some kind
If you believe CR, than your more of an idiot than I thought.

We must be lucky. My wife's 2001 Sebring sedan has had ZERO problems. Runs like a charm.
However there are a few small things I don't like about the design, one being the very limited forward foot room for tall front seat passengers.
You are free to spend your money wherever you wish. However my real world experience with several Lexus V8s is quite the opposite. I have not had a bad vehicle, foreign or domestic in longer than I can remember. I stopped buying Lexus V8s in 1999. The domestics I have purchased since that time have proven to be just as good and just as dependable. The only difference I have seen between them is the domestic brand costs me a LOT less money to acquire and replace than did any of my Lexus'
mike hunt

<snip>>
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

You keep your cars for like a year, right? That's not enough time to see how good their quality is. How well they hold up over time is the key.
DIZZY, as usual you have chosen to comment on something of which you have no knowledge. I keep my vehicles for two years then pass them on to my grandchildren or sell them to my children or friends. Some of them are held for many years as a result. My one son had my 2000 Lincoln LS, my first, which he gave to my grand daughter. It currently has over 90,000 trouble free miles on the clock. On the other hand my one son in law recently replaced the power steering pump on my last Lexus, a 1997 with 85,000 on the clock. The pump cost him $1,500. He replaced it himself since the Lexus dealers shop rate of $105 an hour was a bit more than he willing to spend ;)
mike hunt

1994 Accord, 138,000 miles, and I tromp it daily, runs like *NEW*!
--
1984 RZ350

Wrong, I have four domestics cars with anywhere from 100K to 300K on the clock. I drive my cars for two years then sell them to friends or neighbors, or give them to relatives. I see them run to high mileages and none of them have been problematic, foreign or domestic. Every manufacture is building good dependable vehicles today, there is no need to spend the extra bucks to buy foreign cars to get a good car.
mike hunt

I concur my brother! I currently own a 2002 Monte carlo SS, and a 1994 Accord. Guess wich one I rely on?
--
1984 RZ350

Neither. The Monte Carlo is junk and the Accords are usually driven by ricer gang members.

Mike Hunter wrote:

But there's a difference between being able to stop the line and being able to stop the line. Companies like Toyota and the old IBM (I don't know about them now) would have infinite tolerance it, but most imply there's a limit to it. With the latter my company tries to fool management with elaborate nonsense that essentially tells them to slow down production.
Ford and GM won't become like Toyota or Honda until most of the executives have worked on the production line.

So...you're saying you think GM's exec's in Detroit are more likely to read this here, in this NG, than in their own paper? Face it. You're just another dirt bag trying to stir up shit in a GM group.
Dave
351CJ wrote to John Horner:

Not to be a fuddy duddy, but I believe Sears bought Kmart. Kmart, unfortunately, went bankrupt. The new combined Sears-Kmart stock is called Sears Holdings.
The old Kmart in Columbia, Missouri, is now a "Best Buy," located right down the street from Circuit City and Walmart.
It gets kinda confusing. Sears Holdings now uses "SHLD" as its stock symbol. The old "S" that Sears used to use is now used by Sprint, whose old ticker symbol was "FON" -- Sprint-Nextel.
But don't be a chump and start trading individual stocks--even the stock trading professionals are right no more than 50 to 60 percent of the time in their stock-making calls, if even that high. Of course, they'd like you to believe otherwise.
Best thing to do if you have 30 or 40 years until retirement is dollar cost average every month into index mutual funds or index ETFs like an S&P 500 index fund (Vanguard's, for instance, "VFINX") or the ETF equivalent "SPY."
Tom Adkins wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up, Tom. Yep, after emerging from bankruptcy, Kmart bought Sears for 11 billion dollars. The new company is called Sears Holdings with stock symbol "SHLD." (Kmart's symbol is history--gone.)
The combined company is now based at Sears headquarters outside Chicago.
The new Sears Holdings operates both Sears and old Kmart stores. Hundreds of Kmarts were converted to Sears. (Info from CNN money.)