Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Page 10 of 12  
Mike Hunter wrote:


I assume adults know how to distinguish fact (i.e., defect rates, hours needed to produce each vehicle) from opinion (i.e., GM designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand of vehicles doesn't change opnions about it to facts or vice-versa.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Is that the reason you believe Toyota is in fourth place behind GM, Ford and Chrysler in the US? Based on the many Toyotas I have owned I believe Toyota makes great vehicles, but I have found that they are generally over priced, under powered and no better than any other brand. The reason Toyota sells the number of vehicles in the US that it does is because buyer buy the vehicle they believe to be the best for them and their money. Obviously you buy the brand you buy for the same reason. The fact is more buyer choose GM over Ford, Ford over Chrysler, Chrysler over Toyota and Toyota over Honda. Whether you agree with the reasoning of those buyers, or not, that is only your opinion.
mike hunt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

I didn't give a reason just then but just an explanation of fact vs. opinion and also stated some facts that indicate how GM is inferior.

You said Toyotas are overpriced but that other people feel they're the best value for the money. Why do you and the other people differ on this criterion? Is it because the other people feel Toyotas are superior enough in other respects to make them better values despite higher price? I actually agree with you that Toyotas cost more than comparable GM and Ford vehicles.

Defect rates and the hours per vehicle are not opinions but facts, and GM, Ford, and Chrysler are inferior to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan in hours and inferior to Toyota and Honda in defect rates. On the other hand, GM cars being ugly or beautiful or the Honda Civic deserving or not deserving a "Car of the Year" award are opinions. So are Ford's, GM's, and Chrysler's beliefs that Toyota and Honda are the best car makers.
GM has about 15% of the world market, and some time in 2006 so will Toyota. Show me where GM or Ford is gaining on Toyota, either worldwide or in North America alone.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I assume mental midgets do not know how to or care to distinguish fact (i.e., country of ownership, balance of payments for debtor nation (US) versus non debtor nation (Japan), manufacturer country of origin, real estate property tax abatement for non domestic manufacturers, rice steel versus real steel, rice glass versus real glass, when will the Japanese call in our debt) from opinion (i.e., GM, Ford and Chrysler designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand of vehicles doesn't change opinions about it to facts or vice-versa.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

China has been supporting the USA deficit for some time by buying USA treasury bills. Several hundred billion and counting.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

MAJOR FOREIGN HOLDERS OF TREASURY SECURITIES (in billions of dollars)
2005 Jan Mainland China 223.5
http://www.treas.gov/tic/mfh.txt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Why isn't Treasury's own site more up-to-date? Since January, estimates are that we're giving the Chinese an extra $30 billion per month. Not all of that will be in t-bills, of course.
This is in the Washington Post:
The Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/09/AR2006010901042_pf.html
China Set to Reduce Exposure to Dollar
Move Would Probably Push Currency Down
By Peter S. Goodman Washington Post Foreign Service
SHANGHAI, Jan. 9 -- China has resolved to shift some of its foreign exchange reserves -- now in excess of $800 billion -- away from the U.S. dollar and into other world currencies in a move likely to push down the value of the greenback, a high-level state economist who advises the nation's economic policymakers said in an interview Monday.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Why do all the Bush haters always see what they perceive to be the negative side of every issue? Chinas purpose is to reinforce its controlled currency which is over inflated, by slowing the GROWTH.of the dollar. ;)
mike hunt
wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/09/AR2006010901042_pf.html
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

Why do lying, top-posting idiots see attacks on Bush where there is none?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Why do bottom posting nuts like you post political stuff in automobile NG?
mike hunt

which is over inflated, by slowing the GROWTH.of the dollar. ;)

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Why are losers always the first one's to resort to name calling and insults?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
My statement concerns the aggregate sum total of economic issues from the past to the present.
wrote: > >> I assume mental midgets do not know how to or care to distinguish fact >> (i.e., country of ownership, balance of payments for debtor nation (US) >> versus non debtor nation (Japan), manufacturer country of origin, >> real estate property tax abatement for non domestic manufacturers, >> rice steel versus real steel, rice glass versus real glass, when will the >> Japanese call in our debt) from opinion (i.e., GM, Ford and Chrysler >> designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand of >> vehicles doesn't change opinions about it to facts or vice-versa. > Correction; it's now when will China call in their debt. > China has been supporting the USA deficit for some time by buying USA > treasury bills. Several hundred billion and counting.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
What correction?
The US may be be able to solve many problems by simply export Wally World The Big Box Store to China!
wrote: > > > >> I assume mental midgets do not know how to or care to distinguish > fact > >> (i.e., country of ownership, balance of payments for debtor nation > (US) > >> versus non debtor nation (Japan), manufacturer country of origin, > >> real estate property tax abatement for non domestic manufacturers, > >> rice steel versus real steel, rice glass versus real glass, when will > the > >> Japanese call in our debt) from opinion (i.e., GM, Ford and Chrysler > >> designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand of > >> vehicles doesn't change opinions about it to facts or vice-versa. > > Correction; it's now when will China call in their debt. > > China has been supporting the USA deficit for some time by buying USA > > treasury bills. Several hundred billion and counting. > >
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Why would you cross-post an economic question to a series of auto newsgroups.
Are you a mental midget???
Statement#2.... Can you say John Maynard Keynes ??? Deficit financing.... low savings... high debt. Our government has been pursuing this policy for more years than I care to remember.... our debt interest is taxed deductible.... investments are taxed at a pretty high level. Banking system is set up for pushing debt...matter of fact IF people started saving MORE, the economy would go into a tailspin.
Statement#3 Starting in 2011 the few wave of baby boomers will be retiring, downsizing and expecting to collect social security...... that's not going to be a pretty sight to see.... couse I don't expect the cowardly american public to actually stand up to their government and riot for economic reform after all... The State of West Virginia had state police and swat teams ready to fire on and murder the families of the miners who were buried alive just in case they decided to raise a disturbance. Shades of the old national guard killing fellow Americans who disagreed with government policy at Ohio State University back in the '60's.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:37:18 -0500, take it where it snipped-for-privacy@notinthisgroup.com wrote:

Slight correction..... this was at Kent State University...Kent Ohio...and not part of the Ohio State University campus.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
So when will someone start flushing the toilet? 2011?
"Why would you cross-post an economic question to a series of auto newsgroups."
That answer is very elementary Einstein! Hysterically, the domestic auto industry used to employ 20 to 25% of the economically active work force.
A mental midget would have a hard time figuring how we didn't have health care crises in better economic times when most automobiles where domestically manufactured and Wally World Stores didn't exist.
Thus many Americans enjoyed a good standard of living.
So, go figure Einstein.
wrote: >> > > >> > >> I assume mental midgets do not know how to or care to distinguish >> > fact >> > >> (i.e., country of ownership, balance of payments for debtor nation >> > (US) >> > >> versus non debtor nation (Japan), manufacturer country of origin, >> > >> real estate property tax abatement for non domestic manufacturers, >> > >> rice steel versus real steel, rice glass versus real glass, when >>will >> > the >> > >> Japanese call in our debt) from opinion (i.e., GM, Ford and >>Chrysler >> > >> designs and executives are bad), and the popularity of any brand >>of >> > >> vehicles doesn't change opinions about it to facts or vice-versa. >> > > Correction; it's now when will China call in their debt. >> > > China has been supporting the USA deficit for some time by buying USA >> > > treasury bills. Several hundred billion and counting. >> > >> > >> >
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I assume people know how to distinguish between fact (failure rates, costs, labor hours) and opinion (design and leadership are bad), and the popularity of a brand of vehicles doesn't change facts about it to opinions or vice-versa..
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Who cares? I haven't owned a GM for 25 years, and it was clear to me after I dumped THAT piece of crap, that I would never own another one.
Heck, I even like my Chryslers better than those hunks of junk!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Both GM and Ford assembly workers have quality group meetings and have for years. In addition they can stop the line as well by simply hitting the stop button, located at each station. ;)
mike hunt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:10:43 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

That's only so they can sit and talk about what they absolutely need to do. Think bare minimum.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.