Warranty

I know, Government Motors, sucking even more from taxpayers.

Canuck57

The 3800 Series II was a superior motor to the Series I. As long as you maintained it properly, and kept an eye on coolant levels, it will outlast any vehicle shell you could put it in.

Reply to
80 Knight

Your fell out of your nest. The Series II was the one infected with the decomposing plastic plenum, almost all of which failed. The whole engine was not usually ruined, but sometimes they were. Some failed under warranty, but probably the majority did not. The concept, and GM's handling of this span of poor quality engine components, was a disgrace.

And you know it!

Reply to
hls

But, but, but you said I was a GM guy. LOL

Mike

Yes, I do know that. And you should know that after the plenum is repaired, the engine is bulletproof.

Reply to
80 Knight

As a friend found out recently. $1600 to repair. Needless to say the next vehicle was not GM.

Reply to
Canuck57

Why did your "friend" pay for the repair? GM extend the warranty on that problem that was a result of the gasket manufacturer not meeting GM build specs.

I wonder how many of the Toyota buyers that had gasket problems bought another Toyota?

Reply to
Mike

Out of waranty. Means SOL.

Reply to
Canuck57

If warranty coverage is the main reason one buys a particular brand, one should prefer GM over Toyota

Reply to
Mike

Actually, I prefer them made well enough I don't need to exercise the the waranty. Which means Toyota.

Reply to
Canuck57