Dual Pump Fluid

Somebody suggested I change the Dual Pump Fluid in my 2005 CRV? What is this fluid? Is it easy to change for the do-it-yourselfer?
Thanks

Nino NoSpam wrote:

good question..
Why would someone suggest this to you? did they hear your car make a funny noise or something? I don't know of a dual pump. Maybe I'm a greenhorn. I'm not a greenhorn! What's a greenhorn??
oh man, I'm kind of sorry to reply to this because I don't have an answer. I am however quite interested in the answer. I am no expert of course (If I was I'd have "expert" or something in my name instead of scube). What the heck is a dual pump??
Maybe you misunderstood him. Maybe they meant fuel pump fluid, which I guess would be gas.
Sorry..
I was just writing this reply and it hit me to make a funny.
Seriously, I've never heard of a Dual pump. Perhaps a multi-purpose pump or something, but again, I've no answers. :(
Of course, on an off chance, this reply might spawn others.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/cr-v_rubbing/index.html
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Nino NoSpam wrote:

You can only get it from Honda, you can't substitute anything else, and it will need replacing some time around 20,000 miles on your '05. It will last until 30,000 after that. http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopic.php?t 857&
It's a great DIY job, but you'll need a drain pan and some kind of pump to get the new stuff back in. The instructions TEGGER quoted only apply to a '97, '98 North American Gen 1. Yours has a bit more stuff in the way. Suggest you sign in and SEARCH at http://www.hondasuv.com /
'Curly'

Didn't know that. I'll add this to the page, and include a link to the Honda SUV thread.
Thanks.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
"TeGGeR" wrote:

Not so fast . . . I'll find you a couple better links and check a couple details. Next week-end maybe.
'Curly'
'Curly Q. Links' wrote:

if anyone lives here in the bay area, i have two bottles i bought by mistake thinking it was atf. any takers?