FS: 1995 Honda Civix EX, 930,000 miles

1995 Honda Civic EX for sale with 930,000 miles.
am truly amazed. Only 4 clutches, 9 timing belts and 9 waterpumps. Just amazing. Our 1997 Civic EX with 85K miles has had two clutches but two teenagers learned how to drive on it (and one drove it over a curb at high speed about 7 years ago doing bad things to the engine / transmission alignment).

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

that's spectacular!!!

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:NvednVOG6NI-iJ7anZ2dnUVZ_v snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Yeah, sure is.

I've noticed that all these super-high mileage cars cover massive distances in just a few years (high annual mileage). This means they run for long periods withut shutdown, and thus have far fewer cold starts than most cars endure.

Plus they're typically sedans and other vehicles with fairly high gearing, and have probably led a fairly easy life, with little full-throttle operation.

Finally, most of them seem to be located outside the Rust Belt.

Reply to
Tegger