Have Radio Code but Can't Figure out How to Enter it

Hi,
I did a search before posting this but haven't found the right answer... we bought our son a 1995 Honda Civic and didn't realize the factory-installed radio wouldn't work after replacing the battery.
After searching on the web I found where the radio code sticker was in the car but it doesn't look like I can figure out the right way to enter the code.
One post said to use the presets and push the first one say, three times if the first code number is three and so on. I tried that and there's no response at all on the radio. It almost seems like there's something I should push before or after entering these numbers, the word CODE is constant and doesn't seem to be responding. I even tried multiple times to just see if I could get code to change to error.
If anyone can give me advice I sure would appreciate it. My son really misses his radio!
TIA, Brenda
if code is 15435 just press the pre sets in that order and radio should come on

I tried pressing them in that way as well as the other way and the radio didn't do anything but sit there saying CODE. Geez, this sure makes me feel stupid.
ck wrote:

On 30 Nov 2006 07:22:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You may not have the correct code. Assuming you do, then you simply press the numbers in order. However, if you enter the wrong code two or three times then the radio locks up. If that has happened, you have to wait one hour, with the radio turned on, for it to reset.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
Undo pos of battery cable for 3min and then reconnect and try code again assuming it is the correct code
wrote in message
Is 3 minutes enough time? I did the wait an hour thing (mis-remembered the code and finally found the card with the correct code) and waited for the radio to give the long solid beep letting me know to try the code again.

I think a couple of minutes would be long enough. The mainsail says to wait an hour with the radio powered up, but I forgot about the trick of turning off the power to the radio. Shutting off all power to the radio for a few minutes should reset it.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

====================================== Try pulling the under-hood fuse called RADIO/BACKUP for 30 seconds. Then try the code again. This stuff is in the owner's manual. If you don't have one, just search this newsgroup for the links to online manuals.
'Curly'
Thank you to everyone who offered advice about how to get the code to work. While I had punched in the code using the preset, it dawned on me yesterday that I didn't let the car sit for an hour with the radio on before I tried entering the code. So thank you for the advice, this is what I did:
Turned the key so the accessory setting would be on (after putting the car in the garage, I guess it wouldn't do me any good if it got stolen out of the driveway!).
Set the kitchen timer for 60 minutes.
After the 60 minutes was up I went out and tried the code. I used the presets, using the preset number for the code number (as in, preset #4, preset #2, preset #1, preset #4, preset #1 for code number 42141). The radio came on!! I thought I would be my teenage son's hero, figuring it out for him, but he never seems very impressed with stuff I do so I guess I am my own hero. :-)
Thanks, Brenda
Disconnect the battery until the radio loses the code again and let the kid find out by himself how to reporgram it - then you will be our hero.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

that's called tough love
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:15:36 -0500, Al wrote:

On 2 Dec 2006 14:55:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do not be discouraged. It is not cool to be impressed by anything an adult does. A decade from now he will be telling his friends all about it.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher