Radar Detector Recomendation

Page 5 of 7  
Jeff wrote:


are you serious??? did you really do that???

jeff, you need help.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
jim beam wrote:

Gee, it takes 2 sec. And you never know what people put there.
Jeff
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jeff wrote:

jeepers, you're the kind of guy that would get stuck all day with a milk carton that reads "open other end" on the bottom and "see other end for instructions" on the top.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No doubt authored by you, Jim.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Not for the morons that won't obey the law, it isn't.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian Smith wrote:

see previous post. oh, and my grandmother has gotten multiple tickets for "not keeping up with prevailing traffic". guess what speed she drives...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
jim beam wrote:

Let's see the tickets where it says that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jeff wrote:

she's 600 miles away and i don't get tickets like that, so forgive my laziness if i don't head on down there just because you can't be bothered to look up something simple like ca vehicle code 21654(a).
now, you go ahead and tell me your state doesn't have an equivalent.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Florida tried to enact such an anti-LLB law and the stupid governor vetoed it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jim Yanik wrote:

someone like our self-appointed internet speed cop contributed $5 to his reelection fund, on condition he did that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
jim beam wrote:

The law:
"21654. (a) Notwithstanding the prima facie speed limits, any vehicle proceeding upon a highway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall be driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand edge or curb, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway."
<http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group !001-22000&file!650-21664>
As I read the law, it means that you have to drive on the right-hand side of the road if you're traveling more slowly than the prevailing or normal speed. It doesn't say you have to keep up if the normal speed is faster than the speed limit.
Jeff
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jeff wrote:

<http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group !001-22000&file!650-21664>

then you don't understand what you're reading. translated it means: "slugs keep right or you'll get a ticket for not keeping up, regardless of 'prima facie' posted limits." and my grandmother is multiple testimony to that.
now you go ahead and figure out what prima facie speed limits mean.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Maybe your Grandmother needs to have her licence taken away form her if (as you imply) she is unable to follow the rules of the road.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian Smith wrote:

eh? so what /are/ the rules of the road then? stick to the speed limit or keep up with prevailing speed? there's a logical disconnect in your argument.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Perhaps you should take an English comprehension course.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian Smith wrote:

i'm simply pointing out the logical flaw in your argument. because you can't or won't deal with that doesn't mean it's anything to do with me.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The argument (which you obviously can't deal with) is that the posted maximum speed limit is as fast as traffic is permitted to travel.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian Smith wrote:

you have willful myopia. i've just come back from shopping, 70 in my crx in a 55 zone. i was going the same speed as everyone else, and guess what kind of vehicle was behind me before i turned off the freeway? [hint: permitted != posted]
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That's how it reads, Jeff. A common sense translation is probably far too advanced for Jim to comprehend.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I guess she needs to move to a place that encourages people to drive within the boundaries of the law.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.