Re: Wrong VIN on the car ?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:40:56 +0000, Tegger wrote:

Shoot! Between US and Canada as well!
I go to get parts for my Supra and they look at me and say, No such car!
I explain it's Canadian, and then they access a different system, and SOMETIMES it shows up!
wrote in

That too, yes. But on Hondas it's usually just one digit reserved for telling a Canadian car over a US one. Otherwise the VINs are identical.
In other markets, the VIN digits can mean totally different things, and the VIN is of different lengths.
Also, the VIN number in some markets is in a different place on the car from the US/Canadian one.

The Honda system in the US is able to decode Canadian VINs and locate the correct parts.
I do believe the Canadian system can do US VINs as well, but I'd have to check.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ