water leak

My son has a water leak in his 97 Civic. The only part that gets wet is the driver's side floor. I have looked for holes and can find nothing. I even ran water over the driver's side for 10 minutes and no leaking
water is seen. This doesn't happen every time it is wet outside. Anything I can look for? I'm lost as to where the water is coming in. Thanks.
Mike
What about holes in the floor boards?
MinnesotaMike wrote:

No holes that I noticed. I peeled back the carpet and nothing. I even looked under the car and didn't see anything.
I had some similar issues in my 89. Took a while to get them all.
I took it to a body-shop, they got the ones in the back half. The one in the front that sounded similar to yours, sounds like a windshield problem. I only started when the rain was enough speed I think. So if you aim the hose at the top of the windshield, you might get it to do it. Its a bitch trying to get it to happen. It could be that its collecting on the passenger side, and sliding into the drivers side.
I had massive rust problems, all behind it. So, they took the glass off, put in some fiber-glass, and we went from there. That fixed it up. No worries from then on.
MinnesotaMike wrote:

I thought about the windshield, but the insulation in front of the pedals isn't wet from the top. The carpet and insulation is only wet on the floor. I would think that the insulation would be wet from the top down if the windshield was leaking, or am I wrong? Also, only the front driver's side is wet. Everywhere else is dry. Nothing worse then a water leak.
Do you think a high pressure washer would help to see if it's the windshield?