2014 1.6 Accent in snow QUESTION

Just came in from cleaning up during major snow event here in the NE. Had trouble getting my wife's Accent out.....because....unless I'm missing something....you can't go back and forth between Drive and
Reverse like on "normal" cares which also includes my 2015 Elantra GT. That makes it very bad in certain curcumstances, it was very difficult to get out even though it should not have been based on where it was etc.
jtees4 wrote:

That "feature" was done away with 10 or 20 years ago.
On 1/23/2016 8:45 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Can't recall the last car that I could properly get a rocking motion. Best you can do is push the gas pedal and then get it off to get a little sway.
The good news is, most car have traction control and don't get stuck as easily. I have AWD now but by the time I go out tomorrow the roads will probably be too clean to really try it. Years ago I'd have already been out just to see how it is in the snow but these days, I'll wait.
Many cars do have a way to unlock it though...even these days.