Cabin filter

Have you replaced your cabin filter recently? I did it today.
It is easily forgotten since it is out of sight, but is was certainly filthy after two years. Took about 15 minutes the first time, but will
take half that in the future now that I know how. No tools needed.
You can have the dealer do it, but they charge a lot of money for a simple task. It even came with step by step instructions. At the local auto part store it was $8.09 for the Sonata. Others were higher.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did mine last week after the right foot well filled with water. Had to run the car up on ramps and stick a dowel up the drain hose. The filter was clogged with dirt. A cheap new filter for my 06 Spectra was $18 at O'Reilly's.

Could you please provide a brand/link or more info? Or step-by-step instructions, perhaps? Thanks!
DK
On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 04:21:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@no.email.thankstospam.net (DK) wrote:

I bought a Purolator from Advanced Auto. They do carry other brands and you can pay over $20 for a filter.
Instructions were in the box. Easy to follow. Take some of the junk out of the box. On the side there are two twist off knobs. Take them out On the outside right is a rod that keeps it from dropping. Unhook it Open the compartment. Latch is on the right side Slide out old filter, slide in the new, put things back.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My '06 Spectra was exactly the same.

Thank you!
On Monday, September 1, 2014 12:57:58 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have found that I have to change the one on my 08 Sonata, at least once a year. It fills up with dirt and leaves really fast. Maybe it has something to do with where I park at work.
KM