santa fe 2005 lag in accel

Page 1 of 2
is it normal to have a lag when i press the pedal

need more information. engine warmed up? engine broken in for a few thousand miles? what due you mean lag? Is the power delayed and then come on or just slow to start pulling. What rpm?

The 3.5 has electronic throttle and seems to have a small lag between depressing the pedal and actual acceleration.
hyundaitech, Any idea if Hyundai is aware of the problem? Any fix available?
I have the same problem with my 2005 Santa Fe (3.5). I only notice it about 50% of the time so I'm not always sure what to expect when I step on the gas. I've has some 'thrilling' entrances to traffic due to this. I've also had times when I overcompensated for a delay that didn't happen.
Thanks, Jon

There are reprograms for 2003 and 2004 for smoother feeling initial acceleration. I haven't seen anything yet for 2005, and I don't know if there's any intent to release anything.
Is this a hesitation or jerking when you accelerate from a stop or red light?
Yes, exactly.
Jon

My car is in the shop right now for that very thing. I have been told what the problem is and how it is to be resolved, but until I get it back in my possession so I can drive it and feel if there's a difference I won't trust the diagnosis. Also, if the problem is resolved, I will post what was done. Apparently, this is becoming a common issue.
So what did they say the problem is and how will they resolve it?

trust
Zeppo, the part was ordered today. It should come in between now and Wednesday. Like I said at the end of my message, if the problem is resolved with the action they take, I will pass the information on to this site.
thank you all for your response

Dan, Got my car back--what a difference! The car had to be reprogrammed. It's called reflashing. Problem was it wasn't taking on my car. The first time it took, but when this happened again, there was no recognition of the reflashing having been done. The next step was to replace the PCM--Power Control Module. It has something to do with the onboard computer. For now, I am able to merge into traffic, pick up from a stop or slow down without this hesitation or lag. Hope this helps you. My car is a 2004 Santa Fe. As Hyundaitech said, I don't know if this is available yet for 2005. Check with your dealer.
Dan, Got my car back--what a difference! The car had to be reprogrammed. It's called reflashing. Problem was it wasn't taking on my car. The first time it took, but when this happened again, there was no recognition of the reflashing having been done. The next step was to replace the PCM--Power Control Module. It has something to do with the onboard computer. For now, I am able to merge into traffic, pick up from a stop or slow down without this hesitation or lag. Hope this helps you. My car is a 2004 Santa Fe. As Hyundaitech said, I don't know if this is available yet for 2005. Check with your dealer.
Excellent! I'm glad it worked for you. I'm going to contact my dealer and find out if it available for 2005 yet.
Thanks, Jon

The service manager could not find that there was any update available for 2005. This surprised me as the car has been out for 6 months now. Is there a 'higher authority' I can check with?
TIA, Jon

time
now,
without
As
Let me know if you find this "higher authority"...
Let me know if you find this "higher authority"...
"Dan035" wrote: > is it normal to have a lag when i press the pedal
Im having the same trouble with my 05 santa fe. The dealer says it cant be fixed. Anyone know if they have found a fix for this problem??

Here in Europe same problem for all new motors with euro4 norms against CO2 emissions. Nothing to do.
--
Zotto Sonica V6 MY2002 driver
http://www.g2kweb.it/public/download/zottotach.AVI

CO2