Would you buy again ?

Page 2 of 3
My wife has an 01 Elantra that we bought new with no problems at all. My daughter has an 04 Elantra that has been trouble free and I have an 03 Sonata LX that we also bought new that had a bad rear defrost which
required replacing the rear window to fix. Hyundai did the repair quickly and without incident.
So, yes, I'd buy again. In fact, in the spring I plan to give the Sonata to my wife, sell her Elantra and get myself an Azera Limited.
All that being said, the one thing I've done to all of our cars is get rid of the godawful original equipment Michelin MXV4 tires and put Kumho Solus KH16s on the Elantras and a set of Yokohama Avid H4S on the Sonata. Well worth it.
Absolutely!
Since Hyundai and Kia are basically the same company now, I will lump my Kias in this as well. Between the two brands, I just purchased my fifth one.
Earlier years (20th century models) were indeed "cheap" cars. But this one, the '06 Spectra, essentially the Hyundai Elantra, is one of the best put-together cars I have ever seen from ANY brand.
Hyundai/Kia has definitely put a premium on quality recently, and it shows in their vehicles. And since their vehicles can still be had for thousands less than other brands, I do not believe there is a better value in the industry, be it for cars, SUV's, or minvans.

Sure would. Have a 2005 XG350L. Only thing I'd swap itfor would be a new Azera. Two of my daughters have instructed me if I get rid of it they want it

Yes, based on my experience of 11 months and 21,000 miles on my 07 Sonata. Trouble free, no warranty issues at all. I have the limited V-6 and performance is great. Best value around.
I too have 07 Sonata Limited and LOVE it. I love everything about it - style, comfort, ride, style, and most important maintenance (of which there has been none).
The one thing I don't like is the gas mileage. I only get 16 in the city (V6) and I was really hoping for 20 at least.
Kevin
I want to win the lottery but, alas, it isn't in the cards. you get what you get!
Yes I have owned my 2002 elantra since sept 2001 and while i have had my share of problems it wouldn't put me off buying another hyundai.
The next vehicle i buy will have a little more guts for towing but i'm put off because hyundai doesn't state the towing details for the santa fe ?? It certainly seems to have more guts than the Escape.
Ford Escape V6 3.0 l Horsepower 200@6,000 Torque (lb.-ft.@rpm) 193@4,850 Towing Rating 3500 lbs
Hyundai Sana Fe V6 3.3 l Horsepower 242@6000 Torque (lb.-ft.@rpm) 226@4500 Towing Rating ?????? some sites say 2000lbs

It's always a toss up between multiple uses.. commuting vrs towing. I know a few people who tow with escapes, and other small to mid size suvs. Granted they aren't going to pull 5000lbs but then if that was what was being towed you're right a purpose built vehicle is required.
After seeing the specs of vehicles like the escape and dodge nitro.. both with 3500lbs ratings i'd edge towards them as a next vehicle simple because the santa fe isn't quite in the same playing field.
Thanks for your input though as it makes perfect sense.. even if for 90% of my use towing isn't a requirement.
According to Consumer Reports (who, for better or worse is very impressed with the redesigned Santa Fe), towing is rated at 3,500 pounds with the V6 engine.

We currently have a '99 5 spd Elantra wagon which we bought new.(A leap of faith at the time) Not a whole lot to complain about in 8 years and 122K miles. Replaced upstream O2 sensor which corrected the check engine and also the cold start valve. The paint and power window regulators are subpar. We drive easy road miles mostly and are still on original clutch, brakes, exhaust and struts. The time and alarm module is shot, but I found one on Ebay.
I think cars are made so well now that I'll probably buy used next go around. The likely candidate is a Hyundai kissin' cousin, Kia Spectra5, which I feel is a heck of a lot of car for the money.....but I'll give the re-introduced Elantra wagon a chance to tempt me.
L.

newest, but another 3 are still running in the family. And, well, let's just say that the first two were problematic but nothing too serious.
My 7th, an Entourage, just saved my family's life in a fight with a tractor trailer.
P.S. - I just got the Entourage back from the repairs from that fight. It came out great and I am very satisfied. I also got my $500 deductible back (actually I got the check a few days before I even had to pay it), and the truckers insurance paid for my car rental after all.
Eric
No. Never again. Poor customer relations, crap product.

2006 Tucson. Have not had to take it back to dealer for any service except for a factory recall to replace the passenger airbag. The little SUV has been perfect and trouble-free. Really good value for the money so far.
Yes I would, I have 3 a 2003 Santa Fe a 2005 XG350L and a 2006 Tucson love them all
']['unez
--
" Never hold your farts in "
they go straight up your spine

I've had my Sonata for 14 months now and I have recommended it to other people. It's a great deal for the money.
For an even better deal, look at used instead of new.
I own a 2005 Tucson and it's the first and last Hyndai that I buy. Fuel consumption is terrible, I had problem with the wheel alignment and customer service is the worst I have seen. I previously own a Toyota RAV-4 and a Honda Accord wich I consider a better product than Hyundai.

43:52) about "Would you buy again ?":
d> Do you guys recommend buying a Hyundai ?
Are you going to base your decisions on the responses of a bunch of 'names' in an Internet newsgroup? Could be trolls in here and people with agendas other than providing an unbiased response.
While I loath to do this let me suggest you consult Consumer Reports while taking any negative responses here with a grain of salt.
I have personally owed 5 Hyundais so far and if they have one to fit my needs next time I am in the market I will certainly buy it.
Regards
And you call CR unbiased? One of the most biased medias I know of.
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:34:35 -0500

about "Re: Would you buy again ?":
r> And you call CR unbiased? One of the most biased medias I know of.
I agree with you. For years I would not subscribe to CR because of this perception and also the fact that their reviews are not really intended for 'car people'. I am now a subscriber but for products other than cars. I take their reviews with a grain of salt.
The point I was making was, despite the presence of many knowledgeable people here, there are also those who are here for the purpose of peddling mis-information about Hyundais.
I merely mentioned CR because, perceived bias aside, it would probably have a legitimately balanced viewpoint.
Regards