2005 Wrangler Unlimited tire/wheel question

Can I put 2004/2005 31"/16" Rubicon tires/wheels directly on a 2005 Sport Unlimited that currently has 30"/15" tires/wheels.

Thanks

Reply to
doug.howell

I believe so. The Rubicon rim is a 4.5" backspacing, and your sport has probably 5.5" backspacing if it's an alloy rim. You will have to adjust the steering stop to stop the tyres rubbing on the control arms on full lock.

Dave Milne

Dave, you're sure the Rubicon's wheel has 4.5" of backspacing? I'm not disputing you, just surprised.

Jerry

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Not positive, but that's what Moses Lundel's website said.

Dave Milne

Reply to
twaldron

woops, looks like I was wrong. thanks for the update.

Dave Milne

Categorically yes????

No adjustments to steering stops or anything.....just bolt them on?

Jerry Bransford wrote:

Reply to
doug.howell