Will 235/70-16's fit 2001 XJ Limited?

Hi All,

I own a 2001 XJ Limited with the stock 16" wheels and the optional Upcountry Suspension.

The Cherokee is not lifted.

The stock 225/70-16's are worn out and I'm looking to get new tires.

Will 235/70-16 BFG ATs fit with the stock suspension/wheels? Will there be any rubbing in the front or rear? Will there be any rubbing at full turns?

Anybody run these tires with a similar setup?

I also own a 1998 TJ Sport with 30x9.5x15 BFG ATs and I love them.

Thanks in advance.

More later...

Z.

Reply to
Zareh Movsessian

You may have a little rubbing at full lock but you can eliminate it by adjusting your steering stops. Try mounting your TJ wheels on the XJ, if they fit, you're laughing... I think 235/70's are actually 29x9 roughly.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD