Will a 70 Standard front bumper fit a 72 Super?

Will a 70 Standard front bumper fit a 72 Super?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

not easily nor aesthetically but with work you can install one. "If I had a hammer"

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

aren't super's bumpers stronger than early?

Ant> not easily nor aesthetically but with work you can install one.

Reply to
anton

Looking at aircooled.net and jbugs they group 68 to 73 standards and 71 to 73 supers in the same category for bumpers.

if the 70 will not fit will my 71 Super fit the 72 super?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Yes it will fit , you will see several sets of holes in the bumper one set is for the std beetles the outer set is for the supers.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks.

What's the best technique for unsticking a drum (Brakes) on one side? I want to make sue this time when I go that I get to bring the bug home.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

A bigger hammer...lol

First try to back off the adjusters ( from the front 67 down, in the rear for the 68 up) then hit them on the backing plate side , you dont have to hit them very hard you just want to make sure you hit them where the brake shoe rest. If you think of a clock 11:00 to 1:00 and

5:00 to 7:00 for the front & 2:00 to 4:00 and 8:00 to 10:00 on the rear. Jack the car up so you can tell when the drum your working on is free. I also put in 2 of the lugs (wheel off) and use a bar between them to turn the drum.

Good luck

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

AFAIK rear bumpers should be the same from standard to super depending on the years. the fronts should be different from standard to super

yes your 71 super should fit the 71 super

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I learn something new every day! thanks mario!