Window Regulator on 2001 Grand Cherokee

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have been told that my window regulator on my passenger side needs replacing. They quoted me about $400. I noticed the part is around $85 and was curious if it was farely easy to replace instead of having someone do it for me. I don't want to destroy my door panel and everything but was looking for some directions to see if it sounds easy or if anyone has experience with it as well.

Thanks.

Reply to
NewbieJeepGuy

Can't speak for the 2001, but on the 93 it's just a matter of some screws and plastic pops. Sometimes the pops break, but those are fairly cheap to replace. The cost is mainly time.

The water barrier will go back up if you keep the dust off of the glue. Otherwise you will need some hotmelt glue or adhesive of some sort to stick it back up.

If you do take the plastic off, watch the edges as they are usually bloody sharp, even for plastic.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

So does it just look like a pain in the butt? Or is it a huge one?... thanks...

Reply to
NewbieJeepGuy

It's a half an hour for me, but then I have over twenty five thousand in tools. And a life time of doing mechanical work, that tells me an order of dismantling and assembling things. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III