Aldi & air tools

Bugger, I'm hard at work in Congleton tomorrow.

Air chisel, it makes me smile already. Anyone local planning a visit?

Local to Leeds Bradford etc.

Reply to
Nige

isnt it on offer in all the aldis? there are quite a few round here not too far from congleton

Reply to
Tom Woods

In fact, isnt there one near the Mc Donals on Middlewich road? We are working at the new council offices just round the corner. Here we go!

Reply to
Nige

Sorted Nige old fruit theres an Aldi in Congleton down near the river ALDI Congleton Mountbatten Way, Congleton CW12 1DL and another in Macc up the bank behind the railway station ALDI Macclesfield Qn. Victoria St. Macclesfield SK11 6LP Derek

Reply to
Derek

i dont know congleton very well. There is definately one in sandbach though (just down the road), or kidsgrove (down the other road which isnt quite as nice!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Only thing left'll be premium tuna fillets at 79p

Or a statue of pooh.

Reply to
tiscali

I dropped the wife off on the school run, she was first in line. Half an hour latter I got a call to say she had one and got all the tools as well. She said there were 30 in our local store and all went. Roll on the weekend for playtime.

Reply to
MudMuppet

I dropped the wife off on the school run, she was first in line. Half an hour latter I got a call to say she had one and got all the tools as well. She said there were 30 in our local store and all went. Roll on the weekend for playtime.

Reply to
MudMuppet

I queued up and got one. I was about thenth in line and it was like supermarket sweep! Planty of accessories but only about 20 of the compressors in my local Aldi. Still a good bargain!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Any good matey?

Reply to
Nige

got the air drill and a chisel set lucky I know an Aldi thats a bit undersubscribed not far from where they film Shameless Derek

Reply to
Derek

The compressor came with tyre inflator/gauge, gravity feed paint gun, an air squirty thing and a oil/paraffin gun as well as a modeller type air brush set.

Also got an air drill and impact wrench. The wrench made light work of the wheel on the Disco. All seems to be decent kit, the compressor is UK made as well which makes a change!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Hmm, are these Aldi "thursday offers" only available on a Thursday or are the prices valid on the next day if anything's still available? I've never used them before, but that gear looks useful for someone who'd rarely use it like me.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

yep offers are good while stocks last, the air kit comes around every month or two.Its well worth subscribing to the newsletter for both Aldi and Lidl.( Hey Nige loads of Bike kit next week) even the Netto one is pretty good but you have to be very quick off the mark as they carry far less stock and real bargains and the cheap booze flies off the shelves. I bought one of the compressors last year it was really quite good but I ended up changing it for a bigger 3HP model with a 50L tank as it really did struggle on the bigger jobs I was doing

Derek

Reply to
Derek

They're valid for as long as the stock remains available.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Cheers, I might have a shufti tomorrow, hopefully my local towns are relatively quiet, what with people round here still using horse and cart.

Well, I'm on Aldi's list now, I'll try Lidl but not Netto as they've got nothing near me.

I also check

on a regular basis, bought lots of shit I don't need for very cheap prices. Worth a look if you're a bargain hound and no subscription or login of any kind needed. It tends to have an electronic goods bias, such as mobile phones, dvds, gadgets etc.

Also, Maplin do some really good deals every Thursday so if you've got a Maplin store near you and need all sorts of electronics gear, they've got a good newsletter that's worth the trouble of creating a website account. I recently bought a pair of perfectly usable digital multimeters for £6, they'll live in the cars.

Ian Rawlings

Hi Group

I have ben using Aldi's tools for over a year and they are still going OK I broke the spring on the airchisel but I consider that my fault for using it to demolish a large brick wall. I cannot say about regular professional use as I am retired now Alan

Reply to
Roberts

I just went in to see on the off chance after an hour in the dentist chair I needed some time out....

Stunned as I was the Stoke branch at Springfield retail park still had all this air stuff in! :-) Lot's of blokes showing interest but few buying when I was in, tended to be the retired type just passing the time while the Mrs does the shopping.

Just need to pop to machine mart and get myself some quick release air line doofers which are compatable with my existing stuff.

I got the chisel set as Mrs_D often ponders replacement of tiles in two of our bathrooms (last house I did it in they were mortared to the walls - though I'd never finish that job!), Air drill and Air wrench all for less than filling up the Disco with Fuel (petrol).

Cheers Nige for the heads up!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Doc before you go nuts and buy a load of expensive connectors what flavour do you need? I have a some of the smaller eurotype quick connectors ( similar to Cejn 320/ rectus 26/27 but not quite compatable ) and cos its near easter they are going cheap ;-)

Derek that applies to anyone who needs them 5 female locking connectors and assorted ends internal and external threads.

Reply to
Derek

I think they are only around £1 each in machine mart..

Reply to
Tom Woods