Announcing the UNofficial Welsh meet for 101 and other Landies

The Unofficial "joint" AFL and 101FC Welsh meet Details.

Weekend of the 14-15-16 October

Venue KQuads 4x4, Camarthen Allt-Y-Grug Llangain Carmarthen Wales SA33 5AY

Mapquest reference

Or

Price £40 Two nights camping, two days off roading £35 Two nights camping, one day off roading

A deposit of 10 quid payable to Kquads 4x4 will secure your place.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

so steve Taylor was, like...

Well done that man. We'll be there.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:39:14 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I might blag a lift from someone. I suspect that by then I'll be devoid of LR products. Unless of course I find a nice tax-exempt project SII or something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I also am devoid of land rovers, and quite likely to be so for a while...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

What you need is a nice 1960 88" on a cut down 109 chassis - SORNed at the moment but running absolutely fine when She Who Used To Have To Be Obeyed buggered off a couple of years ago. It's got a nice sunroof, DeLuxe seats and 2¼ Petrol out of a 90.............. and it's painted Leopard Skin (so parking outside handbag shops can lead to hours of searching)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I DARE one of you to turn up in that.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:45:25 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

Actually, I rather fancy a lightweight. But you don't see many of those tax exempt, so that's a non-starter.

A series II would fit the bill, or perhaps a IIA. It'd have to cost next-to-nothing though. Don't mind iffy chassis or body, I can repair the former and ignore the latter. It'd be nice if it was in reasonable mechanical order, though.

Not yet though, gotta get the finances a bit better organised first.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

us2

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:18:56 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

forgot to say that 2¼ petrol would be the preferred engine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Seen a few S2 lightweights around and IIRC all S2's are tax exampt.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

11 Vehicles so far, 8 101s, 1 Rangie 1 other Landie, and, er, an LDV.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I would have thought we will be there, may be able to come in the "ahem" new truck.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

I might be in the Series, might be in the Disco, depending on health of former. Keep trying to phone them, but no reply.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:06:38 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

hehe. I might blag a lift from someone and bring me tent with me. Or I could blag a lift for the actual activities. I don;t doubt someone will have a spare seat or so.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:38:00 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

I think they're few and far between though. Hunting a dead-through-rust SII or SIIA is probably the best bet. Last time I did that it cost me 60 quid, plus about 250 for the garage to weld up the chassis. This time, I'll have the ability and equipment to repair the chassis meself... it's tracking down the vehicle that's potentially the hard bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I suggest the deposit, as it makes it more painful to change your mind, and better, "but love, I've paid the deposit, we've got to go...."

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I'd like to come - this should be enough early warning for me too!.

Hopefully in the 101 which i should have been able to have actually done something too by then! Hopefully i will be able to sport a garish paint job that will make me blend right in! :)

Do we actually need to pay the deposit or will just turning up be sufficient? I can't see it being that busy this weekend?

Reply to
Tom Woods

I don't generally take Grumble off road these days, unless we're camped up and I can take the kitchen unit and fridge out.

Take a look at the unofficial Northern events pics (erm, and vids), you'll see it's just as much fun hitching a lift with someone else and wielding a camera :-)

2003 pics:
2005 pics:
I can recommend the jeep scene... ;-)
Reply to
Mother

Bring both :-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:48:43 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

ISTR it being played several times at Eastnor, on the big screen, to universal amusement.

Reply to
Austin Shackles