Auto

This may sound silly but I've never owned an automatic before. When I put the disco in park without the handbrake on it keeps jumping forward. Any ideas. Regards steve

Reply to
StvDp

It's the box settling into park, and any slack in the drivetrain being taken up. Happens on Percy to.

Lee

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

On or around Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:09:35 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

mind you, it should stand still once it stops the first time. If it continues to jump, then there's summat wrong with it, either linkage adjustment or the parking pawl is buggered.

Mind, not good to rely on P to hold the vehicle on a slope, that's what the handbrake is for [1]. Useful in addition to the handbrake though, as a backup, and no real problem on the flat or nearly-flat.

[1] says he, who took about 6 months to getting around to re-connecting the handbrake...
Reply to
Austin Shackles