Lighting on a Defender Roof Rack

In the best of Defender traditions I am just about to install some additional lighting on the front and rear of the roof rack.

What is the best method for getting the wires from the roof rack into the car. A hole in the roof towards the front then down the front pillar, or are there better places?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

I (well, my wiring, at least) came through a grommet fitted through the roof just above the "B" pillar then along the inside of the roof and down the "A" post. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

...and Badger spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I was wondering about fitting rack lights to the Disco. If I fitted a snorkel (another medium-term plan) is there any reason why I couldn't route the wiring into the top of the snorkel, down the tube and out into the engine bay (assuming all holes adequately sealed afterwards)? I don't really want to start drilling holes in the roof, as I think I have one of only six production Discos without the factory-installed leaks.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Sounds perfectly feasible to me. BTW, I have one of the other 5, assuming you are including DII as well... :-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Be careful where you position the lights, I have 4 spotlights along the roof of the van, and because I placed them too far forwards, they shine through the windscreen, and onto the top of the dashboard, which just dazzles me! You can have a similar effect with a defender, where the lights light the bonnet up, so you see no further than the end of it!

(BTW, are you the puffernutter that bought the home signal arm off me a while back, on Ebay?)

Reply to
SimonJ

That's me!

Any more bits available?