Looking for a few bits, roof rack and things

I'm trying to find a roof bar - nothing expensive or fancy, just so I can attach a rotating beacon without punching holes in the roof - for my 90; I'm dressing it up as a Military Police vehicle (with the appropriate permissions, of course) for a thing next month, but the cheapest roof rack bar thing I could find was =A350. Can anyone recommend anything? Price is the main consideration, just needs to be a single bar.

Second thing: Blue rotating beacons. Magnet base or bolts, whatever, ideally to fit a lighter socket, but anything will do. Where can I get one (cheaply)?

Some other random bits I'm looking for: NATO Olive Green paint Spade and pickaxe for the back

And some ingenious way of installing a radio, CD changer, comm radio and things in the gap between the front seats.

Any kernels of genius gratefully accepted!

Reply to
Torak

I'm sure that previously i saw someone suggest sticking a small (but fairly thick) sheet of steel on the inside of your roof using silicon or similar. You can then stick a magnetic beacon on the outside of the roof. Now i think about this - it probably explains what the multiple sheets of metal stuck on the inside of the roof of my landy are!

anchor supplies definately sell the paint

they might have the spadeand pickaxe too. there are lots of other miltary shops listed on
and im sure you can find one that has the bits you need!

I built a box out of mdf, fairly easy to do and a lot cheaper than buying a ready made one (they are available from a fair few places, often called 'cubby boxes')

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yeah, the steel plate was one idea. But I don't want to have to punch holes in the roof and rivet it and so on, and without rivets or bolts I'll keep worrying about the plate falling off and braining me. ;-) No idea where to get cheap roofracks, then?

Thanks for the links, I'll try them.

MDF it is, then.

Cheers!

Reply to
Torak

Buy one of Halfords generic bars and the appropriate gutter clamps? I had a set of spots mounted on one of those for a while.

Ain't cheap though.

Anchor supplies:

Big MDF box with cutouts.

Or duct tape the lot together and then wedge it in place.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Cheers, Halfords sounds like a plan.

Reply to
Torak

Hi

I'm looking to get a full roof rack for my 90. This means I will have three (yes, 3!) very heavy duty roof bars surplus to requirements. So if you're interested, I could sell you one of them and still leave a pair to be sold together.

Neil (near Coventry)

Neil

Sounds interesting... how much would you be wanting for it?

.=2E.and how much would shipping go for?

Reply to
Torak

Never mind, it'll probably take too long to get here now - I'm leaving on the 9th.Thanks anyway!

Reply to
Torak