LRO - Peterborough

Well... we hadn't intended to go - but...

Seems a slight change to canal boat availability means we're free. (Take the boat Monday - 5 miles from Peterborough, what a coincidence, Charlotte will kill me).

Who else amongst the regular suspects intends going?

Reply to
Mother

Will be there, along with 5 other reprobates that I know.

Reply to
Igundwane

moi

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Matilda got her MOT so it looks like we will be going in her not the car - just got to find the money for the rest now lol

Kay Mawby

When?

Reply to
David French

I'm in the middle of planning the finishing touches to our club stand, so will be camping there all weekend behind the stand for free!! I only live

10 miles down the road from the East of England Showground......

Feel free to visit us for GnT, and also to play the game of "Whack the Jeep"

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Wey hey! Well done - at this rate you'll have done in a couple of months what it's taken me 3+ years to achieve!

Reply to
Mother

September 6th - 7th LRO Show East of England Showground Peterborough - UK

Reply to
Mother

When have they said is the latest to clear the site Simon?

I'll be trying to stay over until Monday - which is when I pick the boat up from March (also about 10 miles from Peterborough).

Oh, to find my weakspot soooo early is a quality to behold :-)

COOL! Can I bring my sledhammer?

Reply to
Mother

Me, for two. Probably on Sunday, and not in the 101.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'm not a regular, more of a follower but I will be there on the Saturday. Does anybody think that the off-road course is really worth £20? It didn't seem worth it from what I saw last year. Maybe see some of you there,

Regards, Ben

Reply to
Ben Sinclair

Probably better off spending the £20 on joining Green Laning Association and learning where there are green lanes that you can drive for free, every day

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'll be heading down the M6 on Friday for the weekend, all being well. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

Seems like a good possibility, especially as the alternative is Alton Bloody Towers...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I believe monday. Unfortunately I have to return to run a shift of people making soup, so I think I will be departing just in time for a shift start time of 10pm on sunday...:-( Least I dont have to worry about tea, and I can lock myself in my nice office and catch a few Z's

Which map are you looking at? I reckon march is nearly 25 miles from the showground!! I could find space at mine for Grumble though, just to really infuriate the neighbours!!!

Pimms also available, plus vodka and Pernod.......(just to make that first drink of tea, coffe, water etc in the morning more interesting!!!)

Most welcome, the owner is most understanding, although being a 4.0L straight 6 it manages to put most Landies in our club to shame, and (sorry) does look nice (asbestos coat fitted) It has a 5" lift and 35" BFG MT tyres, is used used for rock crawling as well as mud plugging. Owner is so laid back he is beyond horizontal.....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Knowing what Hampton is like, it is pure clay, so is only good when wet. Last year they were offered the chance to flood it and drain it (takes 2 days) and didn't. Would have made it much better. Have been able to drive the same course in winter and it was far more enjoyable. Last year was far too dry, mostly terrain that would suit Rommel.....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Bring the Pimms :-)

Reply to
Mother

So, should be fine, then :-)

Reply to
Mother

I'll have to restock. We had one bottle left after Billing and she who must remain nameless managed to smash it on the kitchen floor.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Sorry tim, showed up in Oh Error Express as in alt.offroading.co.uk, but when I replied....

(thats my excuse.......)