Oh bugger

Looks like I'm back in the club again, just bought myself a HSE on eBay (damn you eBay)!!!!

Never mind, should be fun! Not got it home yet, so I hope it lives up to its description. If it is as good as my Vogue SE (which I ripped to bits to build an unfinished hybrid) then I will be a happy bunny. Must get round to finishing the hybrid one of these days, either that or sell the bloody thing to fund a couple of tanks of fuel!

Reply to
SimonJ

Send us a link then!! I love mine to bits.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

4611875646

It was a bit of an impulse purchase, I have been after a HSE for a long time, but could never afford one. This one was the right price, and unfortunately I happened to have my flexible friend handy! (damn you visa!!)

Reply to
SimonJ

Yeah, it's virtually the same as mine!!

The previous owner put some of the later type indicator lenses on & it does make it look a ot newer. Mine has 18 inch Triplesport alloys, but other than that they are the same!!

Looking at theat lower tailgate you might find it's well buggered, but i got one in superb nick & got it painted all in for £140.

I'm just slowly going through the little bits that need doing like steering link bar & a few little bits like replacing the mirrors that both got wrecked in one week!!

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

I think I will do that, I like the white indicator look.

Looks ok to me! Not sure how the missing bit of paint came about at the back, looks like it may have been catching the bumper when opened. Soon get the bodyshop at work to sort that! Cant see any sign of bubbling/corrosion on there.

Hopefully it should be all pretty much ok, as it has just been tested.

I swore never to buy another vehicle on Ebay, after getting stung on a van I bought, which was nothing like as described, but hopefully this will be OK, will have to see when I get it home. Can't wait!

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:37:23 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

wish I could afford your LSE, but having decided to get the Ford back on the road, that's impossible. Unless of course someone comes along offering silly money for the Ford...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

hehehe - I'm always up for a deal of some sort, but old sierras i think push my wifes tolerance level a bit!! It's a shame as it rerally is top drawer. The engine is sweet as a nut & it goes really well!!

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

If you are really interested & the Sierra is in good fettle paintwork wise etc we may be able to come to some arrangment, the Cologne lump did always fit in with my view of motoring! I used to have one as a company car in 1992-4!! Take this to e-mail of you want Austin, saves the groups reading our s**te etc!

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

If it really is paint dropping off through corrosion, the tailgates gone! I hope not, but if it is, you can have old one, that will treat up well OK, the only rersson i got a new one is the fact you have to take the bloody thing off & arse about getting it done etc.I use mine every day, so easier to do it this way.

I'm sure you'll love it. I love mine to bits. I have a set of 18 triplesports alloys on eBay at the minute mate!!! You know it makes sense!

Nige

Nige

Reply to
Nige

On or around Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:34:24 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

we may be able to come to

used to have one as a

groups reading our s**te etc!

you should have email, if it works. I removed the rude bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I think I'll pass on the alloys, thanks anyway! Probably the first thing it will get will be the new type lights, and an exhaust, its got to sound right! Thanks for the offer on the tailgate, hopefully I wont need to take you up on it, will find out on Friday when I am flying down to Duxford to collect it!! Woohoo, Can't wait!

Reply to
SimonJ