OT: Ford Galaxy Owners Club

Is anyone a member of this forum

Having bought a Galaxy (don't worry - I've still got the 110) I've tried to register on the forum and it won't send the validation email so I can't complete registration. To add insult the Forum Administrator's email doesn't work ( snipped-for-privacy@citroenpicasso.org.uk) and I can't get any other email addresses as I can't complete the registration - Catch 22! If anyone is a member could they possibly post the following to the administrators or moderators?

MTIA Bob Miller

1990 ex-RAF 110 3.5 V8 17KJ83 1967 3/4 ton Sankey 09ES17

Hi,

As a new Galaxy owner I've been trying to register on the Ford Galaxy Forum

I went through the process and was told that an email would be sent to validate, but none arrived. I did manage to log in with the username (hctbn) and my password, and on two further occasions requested a repeat validation, again being told that an email has been sent, and again receiving none. Of course this means that I am unable to access any of the features of the site. I would be grateful if you could either resend the email, or tell me how to validate?

Many thanks,

Bob Miller (username - hctbn) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.nospam.com (remove nospam.)

Reply to
Bob Miller

Not wanting to sound funny, but, a Ford Galaxy? I would rather set fire to my knackers with petrol & get chewbacca to kick them out.

Reply to
Nige

Not necessarily my first choice either but it is comfortable, drives nicely, allows us to separate the kids, has plenty of room for adults (and/or crap to take to the tip), is in good condition, was a good price, and most importantly the missus likes it! Personally I stick to the 110 - and I'd probably do similar to my knackers if I had to buy a BMW :-).

Bob

Reply to
Bob Miller

In article , Bob Miller writes

How old is it?

Would you like a long but probably not exhaustive list of what's gone wrong with our Alhambra (02 reg)?

And be careful about the BMW thing - their bikes are wonderful.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On or around Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:25:28 -0000, "Bob Miller" enlightened us thusly:

The email address sounds odd, for a ford forum?

some of the forum things take their time about actually sending the validation emails, too, I've known it to take at least 24 hours to actually arrive.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So are their cars, it's the customers that are the problem! BMW bikes are driven by OAPs ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I was only kidding, just forgot the smiley :)

Reply to
Nige

On or around Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:06:16 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

Oi, I know you're younger than me, but I've not quite got to pension age yet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It must be a Welsh thing - I know 2 more of your countrymen who ride beemers.

Reply to
EMB

Not sure Nige would agree ...

Reply to
Rich B

The shaft drive ones certainly used to work off road quite well. Many years ago, I was on the (Then legal) lane from Pont-Rhyd-Y-Groes to Rhayader when I met one going the other way with 2 up. The rider said he often used that and other lanes. It looked like a standard road bike, but with slightly knobbly tyres.

Reply to
John Williamson

I had a R1200GS & it was shit, utter shit. Having said that, i have had four other BMW's & they are cracking bikes.

Reply to
Nige

There speaks a non biker. My 177hp K1200S would scare most riders & probably kill any OAP's

Reply to
Nige

I thought that. Probably due to all this badge engineering going on, you don't know what the hell you're buying today.

Reply to
Oily

Well there may be exceptions but most of the BMW bikes I've seen have a rack on the back for the walking sticks and incontinence pants. The road cars are "Bimmers", the bikes are "Zimmers" :-P

Reply to
Ian Rawlings