OT petrol tap

Hi Yes it can be straight through. Looks as though the thread may be a problem but I must say a big thank you to everyone who has tried to help.

Reply to
4x4v6

If it was a Honda set then searching out your local honda spares place would almost certinaly produce a replacement tap. I investigated a set of piston rings and gasket set for a Honda gen set that was at least 25 years old, wouldn't have been a problem...

In fact it might be worth looking out your Honda spares place and if it's not to far away taking that tap in to see what they have.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well, I saw in the paper today that Aldi are doing a generator tomorrow for £80. I don't know what output or anything though. I toyed briefly with the idea of getting one, but it's a bit extravagant just to be able to use the strimmer down the allotment.

If you're going to go for it you have to get to Aldi early if my experience with the compressor is anything to go by.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Lol just looked it up . its a 950W. But A I cant get to an Aldi and its more than I can afford just now. My credit card has just had a heart attack and is in intensive care.

Reply to
4x4v6

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0www.ukip.org

ers.aol.com/eurofaq

I've not noticed you mention the make of your generator, but if it is one of the small two stroke 'suitcase' cheapy generators, then the all seem to be generic copies of the SIP Medusa 950 (second one down on this page

for all I know is a copy of something else. However, googling for SIP generator spares does throw up a few options.

Knighton tools list a fuel tap, but unhelpfully use an 'example photo' so you would need to phone and check.

I did also speak to Nu-tool about spares when they were doing a line of copycats in Focus, so they may be able to help. Sadly I do not have their number.

MW

Reply to
mike whiskey

"Dave Liquorice" wrote

It does look very similar to the one on my Honda F21 Rotovator.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I've not noticed you mention the make of your generator, but if it is one of the small two stroke 'suitcase' cheapy generators, then the all seem to be generic copies of the SIP Medusa 950 (second one down on this page

for all I know is a copy of something else. However, googling for SIP generator spares does throw up a few options.

Knighton tools list a fuel tap, but unhelpfully use an 'example photo' so you would need to phone and check.

I did also speak to Nu-tool about spares when they were doing a line of copycats in Focus, so they may be able to help. Sadly I do not have their number.

MW

OK

Thank you everyone who tried to help.

I have emailed SIP, and just about every potential supplier. But no good. I have made a decision. I managed to remove the nut threaded onto the top of the tap.

This gives me the ability to screw a short amount of thread onto the tank. If I can glue / seal it in, I can then fit a pipe on the outlet and then fit a filter and any tap I can find into the line.

Not ideal and a fiddle but at the moment cheaper than buying another generator.

Once again thank you to all who tried to help.

Question what's the best glue to fix the old tap into the tank and how can I clean a lot of rust out ?

Reply to
4x4v6

"Fuel proof" epoxy from your local motor factors.

Bit of water and a handful of gravel and get shaking, there's also POR-15 "Fuel tank sealer" if you're feeling flush :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

"4x4v6" wrote..............

If you've tapped out the hole in the tank and you're going to fit an in-line tap then drill a hole through the centre of an M10 x 1.25 bolt and solder or braze a short piece of the right size of pipe to fit the fuel line in the centre of the bolt.

Remove the tank, chuck a handful or two of gravel in it and wedge it with old cushions etc inside a small concrete mixer and leave running for a while, then wash it out.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Now thats a plan i can do.

As it happens i do know someone who has an electric cement mixer. Job done Ta lots.

Reply to
4x4v6

Machinemart have a spares department based in Nottingham, can't find their number on the website, but if you phone the sales line I'm sure they'd give it to you.

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton
4x4v6 has brought this to us :

A motorbike shop which supplies parts and repairs them will likely have what you need, you might also try a lawn mower repair shop.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield