Panhard rod on Disco

Can anyone give me intelligent information about the function of the panhard rod on a Disco. Fools please remain silent.

Frank

Reply to
thesnowbaron

It stops the whole axle assembly moving from side to side, as in a coil sprung vehicle (unlike a leaf sprung vehicle) the springs do not perform this function.

Reply to
EMB

SnowBaron Hi,

one thing that you should bear in mind is that if you increase the height of your suspension (+2 or more inches) you must also fit an adjustable panhard rod since lifting the suspension makes the standard length factory fitted Panhard rod pull the axle a bit sideways because it runs out of its permissable travel due to the increase suspension travel, especially downwards.

But then again I should remain silent.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

thesnowbaron composed the following;:

Why? Can't you be bothered to read the many replies you've already had?

Trolls would do better to remain silent too .....

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Surely your question was answered last time you posted it!! Not only should fools remain silent but they should resist the temptation to mess with their own suspension whichich is a sefety critical part of their car!!

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

On or around Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:16:17 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

I quite like the reply that said "try taking it off"...

seriously though, folks, don't try this at home, it's probably undriveable.

indeed.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles composed the following;:

Heheheh, I fully agree, but in this case ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx