Re: URGENT help required etc - the marrying couple - sorted.

Sorry for the unorthodox post. Wanted to be sure anyone who saw the original post on the evening of the 9th saw this too.

On behalf of the couple, who were stranded with their SeriesIII in Matlock half way to their wedding near Harrogate, I'd like to say thanks for the helpful responses including some very kind offers.

This is my understanding of how they got sorted by a very kind gentleman. They had been standing there by the side of the road with the AA man scratching his head for a while when Brian Tonks (and wife) of Tonks 4x4 happened by and offered help. The up and up was that he sent the AA man with Landy to his garage and took my friends with trailer to their B&B about 8 or

9 miles away.

The next day he (and the groom?) worked on the Landy for around eight hours sometimes with help from several mates that happened by. One solved problem seemed to lead to the discovery (no pun intended) of another. Finally it was in good running order about five or so in the evening and the couple were able to resume their journey.

For all his hard work Brian charged the couple barely more than cost of the parts.

They made it the venue around 9:00p.m. from where we collected them (and mutt) and had them in their hotels in time for a couple of much needed lemonades before bedtime.

The wedding the next day went without anymore hitches than the single mandatory one and was fabulous but that's a different story. They set off on their honeymoon in the Landy yesterday and had made it to the Isle of Arran when I spoke to them last night.

So if you see Brian around let him know his praises are being sung and pass on the news. I'm sure the couple will be in touch when they get back from their honeymoon.

Cheers to you Brian

Reply to
BigBird

so glad to hear it was sorted out, hope they are having a great honeymoon

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

So BigBird was, like

Restores your faith, and all that. Great story, and hats off to Mr Tonks.

Reply to
Richard Brookman