URGENT help required - re spares repairs

My friends are on their way up the M1 in their series 2 to Harrogate to get married.

It got a hundred or so miles, just short of their B&B for tonight before running dry of clutch oil. It had just been topped up so obviously a problem. Clutch fluid has been found and they will be able to press on tomorrow hopefully.

I need to give them a number for somewhere to buy spares and/or effect repairs near Harrogate/Naresborough or failing that anywhere not to much of a detour on route from Matlock to there. Possibly both.

I shall google but if anyone has some recommendations please reply.

They had hoped to tour Scotland in the thing.

Cheers.

PS standby for a request for 4x4 hire :(

Reply to
BigBird

If they ever get here and get into difficulties north of Inverness then I'd be happy to help :-) (07941320318)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Mad

If they're staying the night near Matlock, Paddock are the obvious place for spares - a couple of miles out of Matlock on the A615.

01629 760877 and get them to talk them in - they'll drive past a dozen times otherwise.

Even madder

Reply to
Autolycus

Try:

Sheffield, and easy to get to from Matlock (30 mins or so).

Reply to
Mother

Thanks all

I found Paddock spares (google) and am pleased ot have it confirmed it is not an out of site, thanks also for the tip about it being difficult to find. Invaluable.

I'll also pass on this place (so he can get it done properly :)). Just as well I lent him my socket set.

and thanks William but I don't think they'll be that close to you. Mostly the west and islands.

BTW Series 3 not 2. Alternator and Clutch slave cylinder look to be on the shopping list. Grim.

Reply to
BigBird

Evening mate

i would suggest Paddock Motors at Matlock there number 01629 584498 usually have all the parts on the shelf. they advertise in all the landrover mags and they are cheap Hope this is any help Graham

Reply to
Graham Wilkinson

Both are easy enough to do, alternator is a simple 3 bolt affair.

clutch slave is 2 bolts and hydrolic bleeding.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

If they make it as far as Harrogate/Knaresborough and still need a hand, let me know... I live in Knaresborough and between myself and our club members we can rustle up spares, coffee and sympathy :-)

There are a few independants in the area that can help out and the LR main dealer isn't bad (for a franchise). They even have a speres department that opens all day Sunday.

Maddison 4x4 are within reasonable distance of Harrogate (I use them for the majority of my spares and for the odd occasion when I don't want to do the work myself).

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White