Aircon Vectra B

Anyone any idea what Vauxhall charges for new piping for the aircon(Alu pipes going from the compressor to the condensor)? (Part only)

Thanks

Reply to
ICE

about 80 quid

Reply to
mrcheerful

I don't know, but I've had a brainwave: Why not phone up or pop into a vauxhall dealer and ask?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Because I don't trust them anymore... They tend to ask more from people who service their car themselves...

"Douglas Payne" schreef >> Anyone any idea what Vauxhall charges for new piping for the aircon(Alu

Reply to
ICE

so you want to know how much fitted?

Reply to
mrcheerful

No, just wanted to know the price of the part. Thanks

Reply to
ICE

Post at the bottom, there's a good chap.

If you phone and ask for a price for a part, how do they know (and what do they care) if you service your car yourself?

They can charge themselves what they like for the part when they do a job, but if you have anything done by a dealer you'll probably pay up your arse and out your nose in labour.

If you're that paranoid, you could try phoning several dealers and seeing if their parts prices match up.

Or try phoning one dealer, asking for a price for the part, then phoning another dealer for the price of the job and ask how much the part is as a component of the price, then, if there is a discrepancy, just ask for the part from the cheapest place.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes I'm that paranoid ;-). That's is why asking it here is much easier than making all those phonecalls!!!

Reply to
ICE

but the price I paid might have changed or I might have misremembered.

All Vauxhall dealers use the same computer price list, just ask one.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Heh, personally (and no disrespect to mrcheerful) I'd trust the price a dealer gave me over the phone for a part far more than a price someone plucked from the depths of their imagination and posted on a newsgroup.

It's really not a lot of hassle phoning them up, people do it all the time, they're used to it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne