Central locking Skoda Octavia

I've bought a skoda octavia. The seller said that there was a problem with the central locking system. Sometimes it works and all doors close, other times only the drivers door locks and the rest of the doors stay open. Closing the car using the lock on the trunck works fine everytime, so when the doors do not close using the lock on the drivers door, I can still lock it using the trunck's lock... but you can imagine that's annoying. The second problem is (I think the're related) that sometimes the interier light does not come on when opening the door.

I've completely opened the door, but it is very difficult to see something. I have to remove the system completely, but don't wont to do that without instruction manual. Does anyone have schematics? Or does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks....

Reply to
ICE

For targetted advice, a post on

may be a good idea - it's a webiste dedicated to Skodas. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Skodas have locks? Why?

Reply to
Bob

Because all the parts inside are Audi and VW and so veryyyyy expensive... You really think you made a funny remark? It only shows you know nothing about cars, so you shouldn't post anything here.

"Bob" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Reply to
ICE

It was an old 'played out' joke :-)