Exhaust replacement options???

My MOT advisory note said that there was a small leak in the exhaust flexipipe of my Ibiza 1.4.

Called in at Endyke tyres and saw where it was leaking from, small hole but not too bad in the middle of the flexipipe. Quoted about £250. Will get quotes from other local firms this weekend/week. Does this seem about right folks for the middle section inc the cat? Can see the price of a 3 yr warranted one here:-

2 yr ones are about £150.

Any ideas - am intending to keep the car for a while so a 3 yr warrantee makes sense if it really is likely to last.

Thanks for ideas and options folks.

Reply to
Gandalf

Had a flexi pipe cut out off a VW Passat and a new one welded in as I waited for £70 at a local independent exhaust place just before xmas due to the same problem.

Look around for guys doing custom exhausts they will have the parts.

HTH

Reply to
Marty1a

Cutting and welding in a new flexi-pipe looks very interesting now Martin cos main dealer have said that it is a 90 minute job = £96 and the exhaust part itself (one piece with the flexi-pipe and the Cat in it) will cost £458!!!! WTF - can buy a Mk2 Ibiza for that price.... Leak in the flexi-pipe is small at the moment. Local exhaust place have had it on the ramp and the part isn't in their books. We even took the pictures under the car and couldn't find a matching part - hence the main dealer phone call and prices.

Reply to
Gandalf

Thanks again martin - been to local garage this afternoon for a look-see and price-up. They can get flexipipe and weld the new flexipipe in for a total of £70 inc new bits, labour & VAT.

Guess what? I'm going for that option - the one you suggested, skinflint that I am.......so it's off to the garage on Thursday morning to get sorted.

Reply to
Gandalf