Rangie Exhaust options

I recently saw a Rangie V8 of similar vintage to mine, 1991, with really excellent looking twin tail pipe exhaust system....tail pipes each side of the rear of the vehicle. Not only did it look very good it sounded good as well While I am definitely NOT into boy racer style mods to any vehicle and want to keep my Rangie tidy but still practical to use as a 'truck', this really appealed to me.

Anyone have any ideas where this modded exhaust may have come from?

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

Probably either Rimmer Bros or RPI Engineering - both have websites and both advertise regularly in the comics.

I recently fitted the Rimmer system to my 97RR and I'm pretty pleased with it. See recent thread entitled "P38 stainless exhaust" or somesuch. Google this group - there has been plenty of discussion on this topic over the last couple of years. You are looking at around

600GBP for the system, but it is guaranteed for life.

If you have specific questions, ask away.

Rich

4.6 HSE Tiggrr 3.5 V8 trialler
Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks for you info...........Rimmers seems to know what they are doing!!!! but ni pics unfortunately.

It was (I will be honest here) the sound of that Rangie V8 that attracted my attention to the exhaust system, so sweet, that has whetted my appetite.

Is your exhausts a twin tail pipe style?

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

Yes, although I opted for the sports system (twin large-bore tailpipes). I think they do both sports and normal for both classic and P38 Rangies, single and twin tailpipes. The sports systems are twin pipes, but they supply the brackets for the n/s pipe if yours is a single (RH exit) type. (Mine was a twin-pipe motor, but still needed the brackets.) Sound is good - subtle rather than raucous, but pleasant on the ear.

Reply to
Richard Brookman