Paging Mr Cheerful

Any luck with the HIF carb hunt?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Lovely, ta.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

After a great amount of effort : I have found two, both inch and three quarter, both good condition, one is an early one, one is later, the later one has extra vacuum gubbins, an idle circuit cut off valve and was originally auto choke, converted to manual. the likelihood is that both came from maestro or montego 1.6s. both are in good condition flap and piston wise and seem to be complete and have not been dismantled. obviously they need a good clean externally, but would have come from running cars that were getting a secondhand engine (in all probability)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have also found the original autochoke assy. but since it is ecu controlled with stepper motor inside, then probably it will not help.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Super stuff.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Or not - looks like gmail is down tonight.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon