PUG 306 cd player help

Anybody know what pu2294 cd player will work in my 306 XSi 1997?

Apparently there's a PU2294A or a PU2294B. Any help much appreciated.

Reply to
thalamus

Any CD player will work in any car. Some cars wire the permanent 12V and the switched 12V the other way round so you may have to swap a couple of wires if you are unlucky.

Reply to
dp

Thanks. Just asking as on e-bay there are some pu2294 from £25, and was wanting to replace my cassette player with the cd player. I'm not to up on fitting in blaupunkt or sony unit but for about £25-30 I can be persuaded.

Reply to
thalamus

The price is about right. Your local scrap yard might have one as well.

Most stereos have similar fittings. This includes Blaupunkt and Sony. I'm not sure about Peugeot though. The only difference I have come across are two types of aerial socket and the 12V / switched 12V being swapped round. Adapters are available at Halfords or you can simply cut the offending wires and join them up correctly with a soldering iron.

A photo of a typical fitting on the back of a radio is here:

It is likely that you will have to remove some of your trim to get at this as I have yet to find a radio that simply "plug in", whatever dealers say.

The important thing is to make sure that you have the code, keycard or whatever else is used to stop a thief using the radio. Many of the units advertised on ebay do not have the code and so are useless (whatever the ad may say). They may also be stolen.

You should also be happy with your position should the unit fail to work once installed. All good scrap yards will accept returns if they are made promptly. Ebay sellers are, in my experience, varied.

Reply to
dp