Renault valves

Right - I've got the head off and there are two bent valves (1995 Clio

1.4 E-type engine),

Bloody Renault only sell the valves in packs of four, and since I've got one inlet and out exhaust bent I need both sets - nearly £250 with VAT.

So - anyone know where I can buy valves individually?

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote in news:3130303034323739423E84DE39 @zetnet.co.uk:

sold me individual valves for my car, they were very cheap, couple of quid each springs to mind? Will

Reply to
Will

GSF & Eurocarparts are the usual suspects, although if Ivor Searle haven't got them you're probably out of luck or looking for scrap head. As Lyndale rebuilt the last one I remember dieing for only a bit more than that they're presumably out there.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Good grief - what rare metal are they made of?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

or try

adder1969

A decent motor factor, or engine recon Co. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Sodium filled Nimonic? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

"Mike G" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

My car has sodium fill exhaust valves, 50quid each...not nice. The 2.5 V6 engine has normal valves, the 3.0 sodium filled, so if you see a cheap 3.0 with a snaped belt it will cost you :-)

Will

Reply to
Will

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

One I shan't be buying. I've ordered both valves, a head set, some stretch-bolts and a new belt for considerably under £100 inc VAT from somewhere that wants my money rather than somewhere that wants to gouge customers.

I fancy a stiff snotty letter to Renault, too.

Reply to
Guy King

Stellite tipped?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are there self-help groups available for that sort of thing?

cheers, clvie

Reply to
Clive George

The message from "Clive George" contains these words:

Stiff snot? Dunno - ask one of the Royalist groups.

Reply to
Guy King

In article , Conor writes

You gotta love Renault main dealers.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

The message from Mike Tomlinson contains these words:

I think I'l just stick wtih loathing them.

Reply to
Guy King