Rover 25 engine warning light

My wife has a Rover 25 automatic (nearly 3years old) done 17,000miles the engine warning light sometimes comes on if she cruises gently at about 28mph and she noticed the engines vibrates slightly . The local garage can't find the problem and said the on-board computer initially recorded a fault on number 4 coil and replaced it but that didn't cure it . Has anyone got any suggestions what might be the fault. Now that Rover have gone belly up the nearest warrantly dealer is about 50miles away.

Reply to
David Gaguine

Don't cruise in top gear at 28Mph?? Other than that I can't think of anything else especially if there are no problems with power delivery, acceleration or cruising at other speeds. I suppose if it has only done 17k in 3 years it could do with a good long motorway run to give it a clear out.

The only thing to watch for on these engines is the head gasket going (consumes a lot of coolant at first before any sign of power loss if that ever happens) and on some variants the distributor arm can crack leading to a misfire under acceleration as the HT pulse earths itself through the camshaft into the engine before it gets to the plug.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan